The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Bug Reports and Questions Linux & Mac Build Feedback

RSS Feed

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    DevZeroDevZero
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

And DevZero, what video card do you have?

Information about my system:
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty (x86-64), Linux 3.13, Cinnamon 2.8.6
    AMD A6-5400K APU with Radeon HD 7540D, 8GB RAM
    Graphics Driver: fglrx-updates 2:15.201

But as mentioned above I once tried running Ubuntu 16.04 from the live DVD and the shaking issue was gone (and replaced by the distorted “sunset” menu reported earlier in this thread). Have not upgraded my installed Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 or re-run the live ISO in the meanwhile to check if something has changed. Also I don’t have Beta access to check with the latest Beta version.

D.Cent
    Participant
    Replies: 7

@DevZero: Did you run the game on the live ISO with the open source or proprietary drivers?

headsoupheadsoup
    Participant
    Replies: 15

Is Vibration turned on?

Which other settings have been changed from defaults (if any)?

What are your controller inputs (KB+mouse, Joystick, gamepad)?

I’ve had no problems running the August demo on Debian Stretch (Sparky Linux) and Korora, both 64 bit, NVidia GTX970, i5 6600.

I did have issues with Arch linux (Manjaro/Antergos) with the skybox not showing and also the UI elements not being visible (actions and sounds worked).

DevZeroDevZero
    Participant
    Replies: 5

@devzero: Did you run the game on the live ISO with the open source or proprietary drivers?

In Ubuntu 16.04 I used the open source “radeon” driver. From what I have read on the net AMD’s Catalyst software is not compatible with the X.org version of Ubuntu 16.04 and there is an official statement from AMD that they won’t invest development into Catalyst anymore.

Is Vibration turned on?

Which other settings have been changed from defaults (if any)?

What are your controller inputs (KB+mouse, Joystick, gamepad)?

Yes vibration is turned on and the XBOX 360 gamepad is heavily shaking (maybe wants to catch up to the screen shaking? ๐Ÿ™‚ )

BUT: Today I managed to track the problem down: When I run the Ubuntu 16.04 live ISO and choose “German” for both language and keyboard the shaking issue appears. When I don’t change the language/keyboard and use the default (English) the shaking issue is gone.

@Kevin Bentley: Is it possible that some game-internal language-dependent float-to-string conversion is causing the issue?

derhassderhass
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 16

BUT: Today I managed to track the problem down: When I run the Ubuntu 16.04 live ISO and choose โ€œGermanโ€ for both language and keyboard the shaking issue appears. When I donโ€™t change the language/keyboard and use the default (English) the shaking issue is gone.

@Kevin Bentley: Is it possible that some game-internal language-dependent float-to-string conversion is causing the issue?

VERY nice find!

I can confirm that the shaking issue is present
    as soon as the LANG environment variable is set to de_DE.UTF-8, and goes away if I set it to C or en_US.UTF-8. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kevin Bentley
    Overload Team
    Replies: 11

Thanks for the tips guys, I will try that out!

Kevin Bentley
    Overload Team

I can reproduce it now, so I’m sure I’ll have it fixed soon! Thanks for helping me find a way to reproduce it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kevin Bentley
    Overload Team

Thanks so much for figuring out how to reproduce this! I just checked in a fix, so the next build should work with other languages now.

D.Cent
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Thank you for figuring this out ๐Ÿ™‚ I bet it isn’t the locale itself, but LC_NUMERIC setting the decimal point from “.” to “,” which then results in some weird behavior. The same actually happened to Valve when porting Team Fortress 2 to Linux.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Kickstarter woke me up… Next Topic: Hello There, Here a Descent Collector’s Intro 8-)