The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lxman
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Okay, so I’m playing the game and loving it all the way. It gets better and better with each release. My question relates to what is now apparently the newly labeled Hyperion level.

In the beginning room, there is a door above you, where you start out. I have hunted for a switch, played the level all the way through and beat the reactor, but I can’t seem to find anything that opens that first door at the beginning of that level.

Anybody got any pointers on what to look for to unlock that door?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

This is a placeholder for the entrance door, like in Descent. So this door can’t be unlocked.

Prepare for Overload…

lxman
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 2

Oh, ok, a bit of a red herring there, then. 🙂

Especially when (at least in Skol if memory serves) specifically has the same setup that nabs you an upgrade point.

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

I never thought twice about this, having played Descent for years, but I remember thinking when I was much younger that surely there was something behind one of the doors at the beginning of the level.

Of course, Descent tried to lampshade this by using a door type that’s used nowhere else in the game (although, ironically, it does function and possesses an opening animation when placed into a level). I haven’t paid attention enough to see if Overload uses a specific door type, but I see how this could confuse new players.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

To be fair, there were two spots in Descent 2 where you could open the entrance door and find something behind.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

What?? Splotchie, I did not know this!

I’m totally going to have to fire up D2 at my earliest convenience and find these doors…

ionized
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 23

Yeah, I think it was Descent 2 level 2, if my memory serves me well. In the starting room, there’s a control panel on the ceiling of the lava cube behind the grate on the left. Blow it and the entrance door opens with a smart missile and pack of smart mines behind it.

ShroudeyeShroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

Descent 2 Levels 2 and 4. 2’s switch is found in the entrance room. 4’s switch is a little bit down the hallway.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Please Pray For my Family and Me Next Topic: Why Didn't I Know about Overload Sooner? #pumped