The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Level Editor and Community Created Levels Low frame rates on Opception challenge level

RSS Feed
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

So far I’ve sampled all the DLC challenge levels available in the first Community Level Pack. All play well except for Opception. I am getting unplayable frame rates on two different machines in both the Steam and GOG installs. The frame rate is typically below the teens.

Has anyone else encountered this?

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

DividebyzeroDividebyzero
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hello, i recently have been playing all the CM DLC maps and have not experienced this with Opception. In fact i played it at a higher than normal resolution without any issues. I do not have the graphic settings turned up much though. I would suggest maybe tinker with graphical settings and see if it affects that map in particular. If so and you find something specific i would be glad to test it on my end as well. I have a variety of Pc’s i could test it on.

I have played Opception on 2 machines so far, and neither had any issues with it. This is a recent run i did and recorded of Opception https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-uEvhEId4

Also, not sure if you have discord but there it is pretty active community more so than the forums.

Hope this helps!

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

Also, not sure if you have discord but there it is pretty active community more so than the forums.
    Hope this helps!

Yeah, I also posted on discord. There I was mocked for not having a better graphics card. Apparently I’m the only one experiencing this issue, so I’ll just skip Opception until I can afford an upgrade.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

There I was mocked for not having a better graphics card.

Hi PyroJockey —

You’re probably referring to my reply in the discord, as I can’t find any others after then. I wasn’t intended to be mocking, I’m genuinely surprised you’re running the game on a GTX 645. That card is 7 years old! Aside from turning down pretty much every graphics setting you can find in the game…I’m not sure what else can be done to improve your performance. Op-Ception is *definitely* one of the more intensive of the DLC maps — it’s not Pyre from the campaign, but it really starts chugging in there even on high-end processors and GPUs.

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer

I’m genuinely surprised you’re running the game on a GTX 645. That card is 7 years old!

Sorry, but I hear that kind of comment a lot from other gamers and it’s usually condescending. Not everyone has gaming system upgrades in their budgets and I consider myself fortunate to have acquired my current system used from a friend.

Regardless of its age, my system does meet or exceed the published system requirements for Overload, so it should not be surprising that Overload runs on my system. The Revival created levels and most of the DLC levels all run smooth as glass.

The situation is what it is and I’m not expecting developers to re-optimize their levels. Apparently I am the only one experiencing lower frame rates in Opception and I can live with that. I did play around with the graphics and found the level is playable if I turn down/off all the graphics options and set the in-game resolution to 800 X 600. Eventually I will get newer hand-me-down hardware.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Did you know Three Kingdoms Total War: ISP, Drew Durnil, and Alex the Rambler Next Topic: Xbox one – controller doesn't work in game.