The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions Major performance drop with "reactor rumble"

RSS Feed
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

In Story Mode, the reactor rumble gives me a major performance drop. It can only be temporarily avoided if I fly to a very small area. It seems to only affect Outer Moons 2 and Titan 6, but I need to continue testing to be sure. I originally thought it was all 3 levels. Outpost Demo Level is not affected for me.

MSI Afterburner confirms the problem for me. It shows me a major drop in GPU usage (at around 20%), very low framerates (low 20s), and huge increases to my frametimes (well above 50-70ms, which is very bad).

Basic system specifications:

CPU: i5-2500K
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 EVO
    Video card: GTX 780 (model and specs available on request)
    Driver: always the latest version
    Memory: 8 GB of DDR3-1866 high performance gaming memory (model and specs available on request)
    PSU: Corsair HX650
    Monitor: AOC G2460PG (144Hz 1080p G-SYNC)
    Resolution used: 1920 x 1080
    In-game settings: everything set to the highest settings available with no other issues in performance, default full-screen mode (not using exclusive full-screen, but I will test it when I have time)

I reported this problem via e-mail, but I’m posting it publicly now to see if others are experiencing the same problem.

Prepare for Overload…

stabandsap
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I have the same problem specifically on outer moons 2 and titan 6. On outer moons 2 however the effect does not start until u leave the reactor room.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Come to think of it, I think that’s my experience in Outer Moons 2 as well. When I think of the problem, I tend to think of the large room between the mine’s exit and that last doorway.

Prepare for Overload…

ryguy64
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I came to say the same thing. I didn’t notice it on Outer Moons 2, but most definitely did on Titan 6.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Early Access Drop #6 now available! Next Topic: Kirby 64