The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Maps n' bots

RSS Feed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dacien 17 Feb 2016 @ 11:35pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

If I’m not mistaken — it’s been a while since I’ve played the set — the maps and the bot design look a whole lot like Luke’s Entropy 2 level pack from Descent 2 (vertigo?). Curious if this is something you guys decided to do or if it’s just cuz of Luke’s style.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Luke Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 115

I’d say the robots in Overload look way better. I like some of the Entropy bots, don’t get me wrong, but Chris Claflin has done a great job of building great new ones for Overload.

As for levels, we’re still learning what we like best, and our choices are pretty limited at the moment. There are some things that just look cool (IMO) with cubes, and I’ve fallen back to some of those with the early prototype levels. We’ll be trying to do more varied ideas as we get more decal meshes, texture sets, and other items to work with. As for the caves, they’re pretty different in style, but still blend in nicely with the rest of the world.

That said, I’m pretty happy with how some of the prototype levels turned out. We could do a little better to make them a bit less boxy, but they play well and look good at the same time, which is our primary objective.

Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Ah, I see.
    Thx.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Dacien
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 106

Well D:U has a bit of the boxy thing going on on some of the levels, but it works really well. Clear edges turn out to not be a bad thing.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Descent Zero – a tribute to the original Next Topic: Unity code vs old school code