The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Community Hijinks and Random Stuff My Thrustmaster T.16000M already needs more lubrication. Help!

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

So, I’ve only had this joystick for a few weeks and it’s already showing signs of needing more lubrication. I can see it and I can feel it. So, can you tell me what kind of lubrication is safe to use on this? I have a little bit of Wahl clipper blade oil; can I use that? I don’t want to try it only to end up finding that it ruins the joystick somehow. So, I hope to hear from someone who knows.

(I’m using this joystick for other games, but I’m asking here since it seems there’s a huge amount of experience with joysticks here)

Prepare for Overload…

ionized
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 23

What are the surfaces that need lubrication made from?

If it’s plastic on plastic contact, I would use a silicone based grease.

PyroJockey
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 63

You should contact the manufacturer before you risk voiding the warranty using any suggestions from the forums.

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow stuff up.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Thank you.

Don’t worry, PyroJockey, I’m not going to run out and get some silicone-based grease immediately just because one person told me I should.

You should contact the manufacturer before you risk voiding the warranty using any suggestions from the forums.

Yeah, I e-mailed them and I posted this question on a few different forums. I know what I’m doing.

Prepare for Overload…

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

You were right! Thrustmaster replied just now and said that they recommend “a silicone-based grease/oil”.

Now I just need to find a good one.

Prepare for Overload…

tueidj
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 64

You can get silicon based spray lubricant, it’s used on sliding curtain rails and such. Just thinking it might be easier to apply into tight gaps without requiring disassembly.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: False reports of inappropriate content Next Topic: Can age compensation be added?