The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games New 6DOF game "EVERSPACE"

RSS Feed

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Zantor Zantor 25 Oct 2016 @ 1:22pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ion
    Ion
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

Website
    Steam page
    Set to release as Early Access on the 14th of September is some new speesh game that looks like a hybrid of early space sims and Freelancer, except with full 6dof controls and a fully-loaded 3D cockpit, FTL’s progression (warping to sequential but random systems), crafting, subsystem management, and some wicked aesthetics.

I got to catch some chap named VoidFox playing this on Twitch, and it looks absolutely sick. I’m as hype for this as I was for SL0 and Overload when I first got to them.

punished blart on steam

A Future Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 65

Dude, I’m REALLY looking forward to this!! It looks like everything I want in a space “sim” šŸ™‚

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

So is the strafe accel/speed significant in relation to the longitudinal accel/speed? There were some scenes where this appeared to be the case, but they were few and brief and I couldn’t be sure that it wasn’t a turn.

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I definitely saw horizontal strafing but apparently they have very little interest in supporting joysticks so that leaves me out šŸ™

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

From https://everspace-game.com/game/

“For us, fun and playability come first and have to fit the type of game. EVERSPACEā„¢ will not be a space simulation. Arcady controls will test your skills and reflexes without the burden of crazy speeds up to 40,000 km/h, inertia, thrust and anti-thrust.

The controls will be intuitive and optimized for mouse and keyboard in the first place. We put a lot of effort into this and we firmly believe EVERSPACEā„¢ has one of the best control schemes since Freelancer. Gamepads and joysticks will be supported once the respective stretch goals are met, as it takes a lot of work. No matter what hardware you will be using, EVERSPACEā„¢ will be easy to pick-up-and-play.”

I can’t imagine playing with a 2DMouse. I’ll wait till joystick/gamepad/3DMouse support. By keyboard support I suppose they mean keyboards with 1bit keys, not the analog keyboards. And by mouse I assume they mean the 2DMouse that has only 2 axis and runs out of mousepad area.

CDN_Merlin
    CDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

How can you play a space sim with a mouse? This game looks very good but without joystick support, I’m not touching it.

Ion
    Ion
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

Freelancer and Star Conflict are played properly with a mouse and keyboard. Star Conflict has little joystick support and using it sans the mouse for aiming will probably be nothing but a handicap. Both games have fully interactive in-flight UIs, and while Everspace won’t have it in-flight, there is an equipment menu with it. Fortunately, it pauses the game unlike SL0’s.

I cannot play with joysticks for lack of experience and bad experiences with ones I’ve used. It’s okay on strafe-less sims but for 6dof I use exclusively KBM. The only thing I cannot fly with a mouse is the GTB Ursa and similar bombers -_-.

I’m currently rocking a Logitech M-C48, so I know it’s more than possible.

punished blart on steam

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Whoa. Pre-ordered without hesitation. It’s $29.08 USD, and seems to be worth twice that.

Whenever I play Freelancer, this is what I really want. I love that it is controlled pretty much the same way as Freelancer too.

Guys, if you’re doubtful about how this will be with a mouse and keyboard, trust me, it’s fantastic. Play some Freelancer to get a general idea of what it might feel like and then you’ll know. I can’t wait to try this game. Omg.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

Super88
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

They also made galaxy on fire, although it looks like they’ve renamed themselves from fishlabs. You should pick up galaxy on fire to get a taste of what to expect. While the graphics look amazing their past games haven’t been very deep.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212010/

Super88
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Sorry double posted.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

They also made galaxy on fire, although it looks like theyā€™ve renamed themselves from fishlabs. You should pick up galaxy on fire to get a taste of what to expect. While the graphics look amazing their past games havenā€™t been very deep.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212010/

Wow, thank you. I just purchased it! I don’t know when I’ll be able to play it, but I imagine within the next couple of days or possibly even tonight. After I’ve played it for a while, I’ll post again with my thoughts.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Well, I think I wasted my $7.99 on Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD. I’m getting a very annoying flicker on the menus and on text and I’m not willing to play the whole game with that.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Yep, EVERSPACE is quite good. I’m surprised I’m not seeing a bunch of posts about it.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

yencil
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 32

Still unreleased, right?

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Still unreleased, right?

It went to Early Access on September 14th.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Joystick Deadzone Next Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster