The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games New 6DOF game "EVERSPACE"

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    IonIon
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

Website
    Steam page
    Set to release as Early Access on the 14th of September is some new speesh game that looks like a hybrid of early space sims and Freelancer, except with full 6dof controls and a fully-loaded 3D cockpit, FTL’s progression (warping to sequential but random systems), crafting, subsystem management, and some wicked aesthetics.

I got to catch some chap named VoidFox playing this on Twitch, and it looks absolutely sick. I’m as hype for this as I was for SL0 and Overload when I first got to them.

punished blart on steam

A Future Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 65

Dude, I’m REALLY looking forward to this!! It looks like everything I want in a space “sim” šŸ™‚

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

So is the strafe accel/speed significant in relation to the longitudinal accel/speed? There were some scenes where this appeared to be the case, but they were few and brief and I couldn’t be sure that it wasn’t a turn.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I definitely saw horizontal strafing but apparently they have very little interest in supporting joysticks so that leaves me out šŸ™

hypersonic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 220

From https://everspace-game.com/game/

“For us, fun and playability come first and have to fit the type of game. EVERSPACEā„¢ will not be a space simulation. Arcady controls will test your skills and reflexes without the burden of crazy speeds up to 40,000 km/h, inertia, thrust and anti-thrust.

The controls will be intuitive and optimized for mouse and keyboard in the first place. We put a lot of effort into this and we firmly believe EVERSPACEā„¢ has one of the best control schemes since Freelancer. Gamepads and joysticks will be supported once the respective stretch goals are met, as it takes a lot of work. No matter what hardware you will be using, EVERSPACEā„¢ will be easy to pick-up-and-play.”

I can’t imagine playing with a 2DMouse. I’ll wait till joystick/gamepad/3DMouse support. By keyboard support I suppose they mean keyboards with 1bit keys, not the analog keyboards. And by mouse I assume they mean the 2DMouse that has only 2 axis and runs out of mousepad area.

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

How can you play a space sim with a mouse? This game looks very good but without joystick support, I’m not touching it.

IonIon
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

Freelancer and Star Conflict are played properly with a mouse and keyboard. Star Conflict has little joystick support and using it sans the mouse for aiming will probably be nothing but a handicap. Both games have fully interactive in-flight UIs, and while Everspace won’t have it in-flight, there is an equipment menu with it. Fortunately, it pauses the game unlike SL0’s.

I cannot play with joysticks for lack of experience and bad experiences with ones I’ve used. It’s okay on strafe-less sims but for 6dof I use exclusively KBM. The only thing I cannot fly with a mouse is the GTB Ursa and similar bombers -_-.

I’m currently rocking a Logitech M-C48, so I know it’s more than possible.

punished blart on steam

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Whoa. Pre-ordered without hesitation. It’s $29.08 USD, and seems to be worth twice that.

Whenever I play Freelancer, this is what I really want. I love that it is controlled pretty much the same way as Freelancer too.

Guys, if you’re doubtful about how this will be with a mouse and keyboard, trust me, it’s fantastic. Play some Freelancer to get a general idea of what it might feel like and then you’ll know. I can’t wait to try this game. Omg.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

Super88
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

They also made galaxy on fire, although it looks like they’ve renamed themselves from fishlabs. You should pick up galaxy on fire to get a taste of what to expect. While the graphics look amazing their past games haven’t been very deep.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212010/

Super88
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Sorry double posted.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

They also made galaxy on fire, although it looks like theyā€™ve renamed themselves from fishlabs. You should pick up galaxy on fire to get a taste of what to expect. While the graphics look amazing their past games havenā€™t been very deep.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212010/

Wow, thank you. I just purchased it! I don’t know when I’ll be able to play it, but I imagine within the next couple of days or possibly even tonight. After I’ve played it for a while, I’ll post again with my thoughts.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Well, I think I wasted my $7.99 on Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD. I’m getting a very annoying flicker on the menus and on text and I’m not willing to play the whole game with that.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Yep, EVERSPACE is quite good. I’m surprised I’m not seeing a bunch of posts about it.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

yencil
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 32

Still unreleased, right?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Still unreleased, right?

It went to Early Access on September 14th.

Prepare for Overloadā€¦

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Joystick Deadzone Next Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster