The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Kickstarter New Kickstarter Update

RSS Feed
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

We finally posted a new Kickstarter update, that also goes over the release schedule and info on consoles. Check it out!
    Overload Kickstarter

darthkarkidarthkarki
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 88

Thank you guys for the update! I hope you’re still enjoying yourselves while working on this and aren’t feeling too discouraged at the time it’s taking. I’m certainly glad you’re taking the time to do it right. Honestly this whole journey from the kickstarter through Early Access has been a blast, I’m almost gonna be sad when the game’s out and it’s over ๐Ÿ˜€

Very excited about the new CM level, those accelerator tunnels look awesome! Love the new materialization effects as well.

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

Much as I love CM, I’m slightly saddened to hear that there won’t be another SP level available for the next drop. That said, I completely understand why you wouldn’t want to spoil a majority of the campaign before release.

I’m still gonna play the crap outta what’s made available so far, because I’m sure it will be friggin’ awesome, as always. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dacien
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 106

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!

PersonicusPersonicus
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 35

Well, CM is well worth the price of admission as long as new maps continue to get added every now and then. That said, it would be a shame if this turned out to be a repeat dev cycle of the last EA game that I purchased, namely Grim Dawn. A tremendous RPG that was essentially in development for around 3 years (not including the Kickstarter process prior thereto) – after burying close to 170 hrs in the unfinished product (approx only one third of the total final released product), I moved on to greener pastures (Diablo 3 RoS) and unfortunately, I never returned even subsequent to Grim Dawn’s final release in 2016.

This in turn also means that the MP component of Overload (which I’m personally way more interested in than the SP), will be delayed to later in 2018 (or beyond ?).

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

Big hype for this — keep it up guys!! I’m actually excited for more dev time and the Q1 push. Loving it even after 125 hours, and not many games in my library can claim that superlative.

rapturraptur
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 134

Ooh, looks like good things are on the way. I can’t remember if I gave you my home address, but I’m going to be moving in the next few weeks. Will I have an opportunity to provide my new address?

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Yeah, it does make it sound like MP is more of a mid-2018 thing. Obviously I want to see it eventually, but it’s much more important that it’s done right – there’s no point in bad multiplayer. Unfortunately good multiplayer in this kind of game is technically challenging, since it needs to feel like a peer-to-peer game without being trivial to cheat.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

As far as I’m concerned Revival should take the time they need to make Overload the best it can be. The progress they have made toward that goal has been astonishing, especially for such a small team. I’m not tired of playing after 100-200 hours in game and I won’t be tired of it in 2018 (or 2028).

Thanks for everything so far ๐Ÿ™‚

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

I won’t pretend I’m not a little disappointed but at the same time I understand the reasoning and Revival’s still got my 100% support.
    At least they now have no excuse for not releasing the level editor at the same time. ๐Ÿ˜›

I don’t suppose there’s any chance that digital KS rewards like the soundtrack, strategy guide etc could still be sent out this fall if what you’re working on past that point will mainly be porting?

Shipโ€™s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Well, it depends why the schedule moved to where it is. If the critical path is programming work, it might not help the level editor much (which is mostly programming). If it’s art, we can hold out some hope. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Ooh, looks like good things are on the way. I canโ€™t remember if I gave you my home address, but Iโ€™m going to be moving in the next few weeks. Will I have an opportunity to provide my new address?

You can change your address through your BackerKit account (just resent you the link). If it’s not working, let me know and I can help from my side.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Incorrect "TOPICS STARTED" for my account. Next Topic: How would you want Classic Mode done?