The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SkekzyzSkekzyz
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 26

I really like the graphic showing which weapons we currently have. Could we get an option to put the corresponding key numbers under each icon? I would also love to have changeable binds for weapon select keys someday too, hard-wired key binds are one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to gaming.

SkekzyzSkekzyz
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 26

Speaking of hard-wired keys, can we get a current list of what does what for this EA release? Something like what F1 did in the legacy games is what I expect for this someday.

(also, and I will keep repeating this until it happens, PLEASE make my keyboard digital inputs add to any mouse movement instead of having the mouse over-ride any digital input for corresponding axes.)

JosheM
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

I also much like the new weapons HUD. Knowing which guns are available at a glance is nice. Even the bar underneath a missile showing relative ammo storage is a good tidbit. These displays work well in VR too for a quick look away with the head to glance at your loadout, making it more immersive to do so.

And talking about guns, the new reflex is pretty sweet. Has some good punch, and has unique tactical uses with the bouncing. The new shotgun is cool too, but I’ve yet to play around with it enough to see how it fares DPS in a large firefight versus the flak…

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 28

The Reflex is SICK when Overdriven!

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 60

The reflex is now my favorite weapon by far…. pairs nicely with the missile pods (and overdrive) 😉 Also I FREAKIN LOVE that i can have both the quads AND the reflex. Its like i can have my cake and eat it too! For this reason i find the impulse quickfire upgrade a bit useless. Why settle for that when the reflex is that and more? I’m sure someone will disagree, but hey, thats the beauty of prefference.

-Side note, i thought upgrades would suck for this kind of game (like the whole D:U catastrophe), but the Devs did us a solid and made it fun. Thanks, Devs, as always!-

I can see the reflex becoming fun in MP, or when taking down an enemy that likes to dodge behind corners.

I LOVE the shotgun, but only when upgraded. To me, the driller is most like the gauss cannon (“feels” similar, easy to zoom and long-range fire), and the flack is kindve its own thing. I have found very little use for the flack gun yet, and honestly the shotgun kindve makes it obsolete for the way i like to play.

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 60

PS: RIP Vulcan Gun, you will be missed T_T

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

The question is have you seen the Crusher AF upgrade yet? It gives the shotgun a very fast automatic fire!!! Now that’s what I call a Gauss substitute! 😀

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

The reflex is now my favorite weapon by far…. pairs nicely with the missile pods (and overdrive) 😉 Also I FREAKIN LOVE that i can have both the quads AND the reflex. Its like i can have my cake and eat it too! For this reason i find the impulse quickfire upgrade a bit useless. Why settle for that when the reflex is that and more? I’m sure someone will disagree, but hey, thats the beauty of prefference.

The Reflex consumes much more energy per second than the Impulse does. In addition to that, when you have the rapid-fire upgrade to the Impulse, your shots also travel 40% faster and the energy consumption is reduced as well. With the quad fire upgrade, energy usage is increased by two-thirds.

Imagine having the Rapid Fire upgrade to the Impulse and then grabbing the Overdrive powerup.

So as you can see, every weapon and upgrade has its place and trade-offs.

-Side note, i thought upgrades would suck for this kind of game (like the whole D:U catastrophe), but the Devs did us a solid and made it fun. Thanks, Devs, as always!-

I think we can thank Luke for the upgrade system because that’s the way his games Inferno and Inferno 2 are. Some of these weapon names even come from that game, such as Reflex and Creeper.

I can see the reflex becoming fun in MP, or when taking down an enemy that likes to dodge behind corners.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I already feel like I’m trolling the bots with the Reflex. Imagine trolling real people with it and being a real pest. hehehehe

I LOVE the shotgun, but only when upgraded.

The Crusher (the shotgun-like weapon) is awesome even when it’s not upgraded. It can be a one-shot kill for many of the bots. When you get Crusher++ [AF], it becomes similar to an automatic shotgun. Crusher++ [DX] is awesome too because it increases damage and impact power and the spread of the projectiles is reduced a bit. It’s reduced with Crusher++ [AF] too, but it’s slightly less noticeable since now you have alternating fire between the left and right Crusher cannons.

To me, the driller is most like the gauss cannon (“feels” similar, easy to zoom and long-range fire)

Yep, the Driller is the direct spiritual successor to the Gauss.

and the flack is kindve its own thing. I have found very little use for the flack gun yet, and honestly the shotgun kindve makes it obsolete for the way i like to play.

Oh, you should spend a day just using the Flak then. Trust me. You might want to spend a day on just one weapon to truly get to see why it made it into the game. The Flak is quite awesome for certain things, but that’s all I can say. I don’t want to spoil the fun of discovery and experimentation.

Did you really use the Vulcan in Descent 2? The only time I ever used it was when I wanted to destroy a switch or open a door so that I didn’t consume any energy doing so. I usually kept my ammo quite close to full, so it was better for me to do that than use any energy. Other than that, I found it to be quite useless and I would just use the Gauss instead.

Prepare for Overload…

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

There is an upgrade to the Driller than makes it function more closely to the Vulcan than the Gauss. I’ve gotten it a few times at random in Challenge Mode.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Website front page Next Topic: Difference between Teaser 2.0 and Early Release?