The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Comments and Feedback NEW Playable Teaser Build (5): Now available

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Luke Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 115

Hi Everyone,

We’ve got a new build of the Playable Teaser ready for download. Here are the links:

64-bit Windows:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sw1c3bwec44w1qk/OverloadPlayableTeaser64bit.zip?dl=0

32-bit Windows:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojmn73moo2ijckv/OverloadPlayableTeaser32bit.zip?dl=0

Note that this build is near-final. Please post any bugs/etc as responses to this thread. No promises that they’ll be fixed, but we’ll add them to our bug list regardless. Here are the changes since last week:

* 2 Challenge levels now available
    * Added an indicator on Died screen what (Challenge) level you’re playing
    * Added joystick sensitivity option (global for now)
    * Added FOV setting
    * Fixed cockpit issues (press F9 to toggle at start of level)
    * Extended range of powerup pickup
    * Revised upsell screen
    * Made remapping clear Pause on Button 7 when resetting to joystick or clearing all
    * Made Blades easier on Easy/Normal
    * Fixed Blades anim issue
    * Changed how speed limiting works for tri-chording/etc
    * Fixed a bug with forward speed modifier
    * Fixed mouse button activating things it wasn’t actually over
    * Made 2nd Challenge level look a bit nicer
    * Made sure all levels are sufficiently bright
    * Fixed reflection probes not working (at all)
    ** NOTE: You’ll notice the reflection probes recalculating at the start of the level. This will be fixed at a later date.
    * Build uses VR device if active (use ForceNoVR.bat if you want to play in non-VR mode on a machine with a VR device)

If there are any significant (and fixable) issues, we’ll do one more build. Otherwise we’ll be making this more widely available tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Luke

darthkarkidarthkarki
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 88

Awesome! Thanks Luke! Can’t wait to get home and try it out πŸ™‚

thegreatfish
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Is the steam version gonna be updated as well? also, awesome work Luke πŸ˜€

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Steam will be updated probably tomorrow. Need to test the new builds a little more before then.

chromarchromar
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

awesome! looking forward to having more fun with this! This teaser is beyond as awesome as I thought it would be. That challenge mode really keeps it interesting to keep playing and have fun with it! Great work guys and thank you very much!

juris3djuris3d
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 8

You guys great! Thanks a lot for all the fixes (I had issue with “Pause”/button7), will try and play later when my kid goes to sleep.. πŸ˜‰
    I wonder, can I try to hack myself some “Poor Man’s Oculus Rift”, using android phone as secondary monitor? Anyone already tried this? With TrinusVR software for that, or other way? I have Google Cardboard plastic hardware.

MaxMax
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 24

Wild! Thanks! Will give it a bash tonight.

“Revised upsell screen” … Consider me sold on Overload already πŸ˜‰

If you use “dl=1” on the end of your dropbox links they’ll launch direct downloads, rather than redirecting to the dropbox page first. If that’s preferred.

callistocallisto
    Participant
    Replies: 10

Fantastic! Downloading ASAP.

ShadesmasterShadesmaster
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 43

Cant wait!

rapturraptur
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 134

Any chance of a Linux build?

Naphtha
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Downloaded to try it out, but I’m having a strange issue with the mouse. The game recognizes my mouse for shooting and zooming, but not for rotating the ship. Is there a setting in one of the menus that I’m missing?

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

Thanks for the Build 5.

My first impression was nothing has changed actually except the coolie hat switch is working now in 8 directions (Edit: It isnt, still 4way). Button7 still beams me to the menu. Bi-Chording speed up is gone. I was hoping to expect Tri-Chording speed up in this build. Joystick sensitivity adjustment is still not sufficient, not sensitive enough. Together with the too slow turning speed for joystick x and y axis the ship turns slower than a Magnum in D3. Impossible to fight Blades properly. In Hard Mode Blades is reengaging before I can turn she ship around. With the mouse it is possible to turn the ship almost twice as fast. This deviation should be corrected somehow.

Running the Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T GUI to increase joystick axis sensitivity makes the coolie hat unusable. It wont work at all. This might be an issue with the virtual keyboard, joystick and mouse that overrides anything. I tried to fix it with key bindings programmed to the coolie hat but this will crash the GUI script when configuring the joystick in Overload.

Other than that, it is fantastic πŸ™‚

My old test rig with a modern video card:
    ASUS P5WDG2WS
    Pentium D 965 Extreme Edition 3,73GHz
    4GB RAM
    Geforce GTX960
    ViewSonic VX2245wm Monitor 1680×1050
    IBM PS2 Mini Keyboard
    Logitech LASER Mouse M500
    Thrustmaster T16000m Joystick
    Win7 Pro 64bit

Luke Schneider
    Overload Team

naphtha: Is Enable Mouse (in Control Options) set to ON? I think you can still use the mouse to fire even if it’s not.

Luke Schneider
    Overload Team

Button7 still beams me to the menu. Bi-Chording speed up is gone. I was hoping to expect Tri-Chording speed up in this build.

Have you cleared the joystick buttons (or pushed the Joystick Default button)? That’s the only way to clear button 7 currently.

There’s a speed up for bi- and tri-chording, but it’s intentionally reduced from the mathematical maxium. Tri-chording gives a 30% max boost, bi-chording gives 20%.

Joystick sensitivity adjustment is still not sufficient, not sensitive enough. Together with the too slow turning speed for joystick x and y axis the ship turns slower than a Magnum in D3. Impossible to fight Blades properly. In Hard Mode Blades is reengaging before I can turn she ship around. With the mouse it is possible to turn the ship almost twice as fast. This deviation should be corrected somehow.

I’ve heard others complaining the ship turns too fast (with a joystick). Are you talking about maximum turning speed, or in the low/mid-range? How is the turning speed for your joystick compared to keyboard turning?

With the mouse you could probably turn more than twice as fast as a joystick. This will be fixed eventually, but not for the teaser.

Naphtha
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

naphtha: Is Enable Mouse (in Control Options) set to ON? I think you can still use the mouse to fire even if it’s not.

I made sure it was, but that hasn’t changed anything. It’s only working for firing and zooming in still.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Balancing circle strafe speed with rotation speed Next Topic: Non-expensive VR 3D options