The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Comments and Feedback NEW Playable Teaser Build (5): Now available

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    snego
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

Tried playing with Logitech 3d pro for the first time now. Joystick sensitivity on “normal”. Roll sensitivity (mapped to joystick twist) felt little bit too high compared to yaw/pitch. Needs options to change roll, yaw and pitch sensitivies individually. Other than that joystick feel was really good in my opinion. Had no issues with deadzones, moving the joystick as little as I could resulted in a slow motion. Really prefer joystick control to mouse control now. I guess mainly because it feels more like Descent when there’s a limit to how quickly I can change yaw/pitch. Also joystick control is independant from framerate.

More bugs:
    -Thunderbolt shots go through openable doors. Only way to open a door with Thunderbolt is to shoot at the door frames.
    -Debris can also fly through doors. (Would be cool if weapons and explosions pushed debris around btw)
    -If you fly your ship too close to a light, resulting shadows look glitched. Propably because ship model overlaps with the light source.

StatiCStatiC
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 89

One thing I noticed in VR mode is that the brightness of the laser near the ship when firing is very distracting. It would be great if the brightness of weapons that you fire are less when first leaving your ship so that it doesn’t cause the screen to be really bright for a fraction of a second. I think it is way more of an issue with a headset but it might be worth evaluating if it should be reduced up close for regular desktop monitors too. DU has this same problem btw.

Do_CheckorDo_Checkor
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

Thanks Luke – brilliant news this! Forwarded this … Keen to have a look at this myself ASAP!

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Thanks Luke – brilliant news this! Forwarded this … Keen to have a look at this myself ASAP!

There’s one more build that was made the very next day, which they’re calling the Final build:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/revivalprod/overload-the-ultimate-six-degree-of-freedom-shoote/posts/1522981

Prepare for Overload…

d3jaked3jake
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 118

Any idea if the latest one was pushed out through Steam?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Any idea if the latest one was pushed out through Steam?

Yeah, they put a Steam link on that page. Here’s the link so that you don’t have to go back to the page just to find it:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/450220/

If you want to see the link though, it’s right underneath the two links for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Balancing circle strafe speed with rotation speed Next Topic: Non-expensive VR 3D options