The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development New Target For Launch

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

In response to questions, we’d like to let everyone know that our current plan is to release Overload in Fall 2017.  We’re working hard on the game and it’s looking great, but as sometimes happens, it’s taking longer than expected.  

We’ve added a ton of cool stuff recently, such as a much-improved automap, significant enhancements to Challenge Mode, new levels, more sounds and music, and new robots.  We’re sure you’ll love all the new features.

We’re also working on an update of the Playable Teaser which we’ll be releasing in a few weeks.  We hope to announce at the same time more detailed plans for the rest of the project.

We’d like to thank you for your patience and support.  We’re super-excited about Overload, and the great feedback we’ve been getting.  Please keep your comments coming and we’ll do our very best to deliver a game everyone will love.

Thanks!

Revival Productions

AzuvectorAzuvector
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 71

Just want to say that I’m okay with this. Take all the time you need(Within certain sane limits!) to make Overload the best it can be.

eisberg
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

No worries, it’s all good. Looking forward to playing this. T

revorevo
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

please take as much time as you guys can afford. the game looks incredible so far 🙂

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Thank you for the update Cathy! The team has always been honest and professional, and I respect them needing more time. Some delay can give a game that extra bit to go from good to great, or from slightly unstable to refined to perfection. I imagine having to produce an extra playable teaser also delayed things a bit. As long as the delay doesn’t become perpetual, I’m okay with it.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

I see this is very good news. Thank you! Please take all the time that you need; don’t rush yourselves.

The Teaser refresh is going to be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak!

Prepare for Overload…

Sergeant ThorneSergeant Thorne
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 138

Thank you for the update Cathy! The team has always been honest and professional, and I respect them needing more time. Some delay can give a game that extra bit to go from good to great, or from slightly unstable to refined to perfection. I imagine having to produce an extra playable teaser also delayed things a bit. As long as the delay doesn’t become perpetual, I’m okay with it.

x2 Professional enough to take more time to release an adequate game. Total confidence.

Thanks for the early heads-up, Cathy.

toumaltoumal
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 15

You guys released a number of very playable, very polished teasers. I have no doubts about your ability to deliver the full game, even if it takes a bit longer. So yeah, I have no problem with this.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Yeah, the worst thing you can do to any game that’s supposed to be awesome is to rush it.
    I appreciate your guys up-front-ness especially for news that could be a little disappointing.

More time to work on Descent 1 & 1/2 and wow you guys before you release something better. 😛

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

Good News, but now Im thinking since we need to wait longer it may be beneficial to pre-order to get the demos.

On that page it says: ” pre-order or think of upgrading to the $90 tier for new demos and beta access.” but I’m not seeing a 90 dollar tier. ??

ionized
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 23

So autumn in the northern hemisphere which will be spring here, I’m okay with that. I was going to upgrade this now 6 year old PC and wanted to wait and see if AMD’s Ryzen and Vega are any good and it always takes a while before the retailers here stop price gouging on newly released hardware.

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 28

Make it AWESOME! Do what you need to guys, still here.

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

You know, I’d rather you take another 6-8 months and get it right. When I was beta testing M.A.X. 2 for Interplay, they shipped it out without us even testing multi. As you can read on the net, it flopped. Sad because it’s a great game and I still play it today.

Can’t wait for full game.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Good News, but now Im thinking since we need to wait longer it may be beneficial to pre-order to get the demos.

On that page it says: ” pre-order or think of upgrading to the $90 tier for new demos and beta access.” but I’m not seeing a 90 dollar tier. ??

Yeah I know. It seems you have to pre-order at the $120 tier and above now. I suppose though you could e-mail them to ask if you can still pre-order at $90 somehow to get the $90 Tier benefits.

Prepare for Overload…

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

Son keeps asking me to get Everspace, its on XBOX Play Anywhere for 29.99, this game would be so much better on Play Anywhere and a way better value even at a higher price.

Its not even done yet and hasn’t been done for a while and are collecting 29.99. Imagine if this game was offered in that fashion!

But even this game for 90 bucks preview would be worth it. I’m a bit too poor to shell out $120 for a game, no matter how good it may be. If more people bought this “preview” at a lower price, it probably would be more lucrative than charging $120 for a beta with fewer people.

I remember DU going for $5 bucks at one point. By that time the game was already declared as underwhelming and not as good as the original decent series, not even close! This has so much more potential!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: February 1, 2017: Week 44 Next Topic: February 8, 2017: Week 45