The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development New Target For Launch

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Let’s not forget this excerpt from the Kickstarter Project Update:

Since the November demo for our beta backers, we’ve added a ton of cool stuff, such as a much-improved automap, significant enhancements to Challenge Mode, new levels, more sounds and music, and new robots. We’re sure you’ll love all the new features.

We’re also working on an update of the Playable Teaser that includes all of our new features. We’ll be releasing that to the general public in a few weeks, and we hope to announce at the same time more detailed plans for the rest of the project.

So, technically, you don’t have to pre-order at all. To say that it “includes all of our new features” means that you will get everything we at the $90+ level have and more – all for free.

Prepare for Overload…

Sergeant ThorneSergeant Thorne
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 138

Pre-order to get demos might be ok, but it’s way early for a pre-order, and we’re talking about the folks (Revival) who just gave the public a playable teaser during the KS–I don’t see it. I think throwing the general public a demo is perfect–it gives the backers something to play with between now and the late release, and gives everyone else something to wet their appetite… and starts some gaming news rolling.

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 122
    SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Sigma, I hate to tell you this, but everyone who is subscribed to this thread has already seen your post anyway. I saw it in my e-mail inbox.

So, you might want to just e-mail them directly. feedback@revivalprod.com or even cschneider@revivalprod.com for Cathy.

Or, send here a Private Message on here.

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

OK. THX

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

You’re welcome, Sigma! Always happy to help when I can.

Prepare for Overload…

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Actually, I have still 80% of pirate versions and hacked versions of all games )))
    But good game I only have a license.

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

I originally thought the estimated delivery date on the Kickstarter was optimistic, although the backer demos showed that it was certainly possible. Still, a small team can only work so many hours in a day, so more time means a more in-depth and polished experience, which is what we’re all waiting for. I certainly have complete faith that you guys will deliver the goods, deadlines are more likely guidelines anyway in game development. Looking forward to the updated demo. 🙂

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Hi Everyone!

We really appreciate the positive response and support; thank you! The revved Playable Teaser will include the technical and feature improvements that we feel are polished and stable enough for wide release. It will not include all the content (robots, weapons, levels) we have created recently or released in backer demos. We are also looking into releasing console demos to the public prior to launch. We will have announcements coming in a couple weeks as we get everything situated.

Thank you again for the support!

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

I have an Xbox I can test on when the time comes 🙂

I presume the level editor related “rewards” will be/have been postponed as well… more time to clean up on D2 projects I guess! 😀

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Console guys prefer bright, active and mysterious game. This is not entirely suitable for Overload.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Not entirely sure about that, there certainly are a good number of horror games console players are raving about lately.
    A demo is a good way to tell anyhow.
    I have a PS4 if you guys need help testing on that front, though I imagine you won’t. 😛

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Everyone has already said more or less what’s on my mind but I also think that Overload is worth whatever time it needs to reach its full potential. With the massive progress I’ve seen in each new demo I can only imagine the wonders Revival can create given an extra half year. This is a team that gets things done so I can only interpret the delay as meaning that the game will be even better! Keep up the great work 🙂

SigmaSigma
    Kickstarter Backer

Well, I would say that everything is very professional, but totally insipid, at all without salt. We need to add something.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: February 1, 2017: Week 44 Next Topic: February 8, 2017: Week 45