The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development New Target For Launch

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 60

I cannot tell you how little I care about a release deadline. What’s really important is under the hood, and Overload has already shown what it can do. The first teaser is phenomenal, definitely got me itchitn for more 6dof destruction 😉 feels so much better than D:U, though that is just a personal opinion.

Anywhoo, I am dying to get a hold of the next teaser. Props to yall for giving us oldschool descenters some love with that one. And further props for giving us Descent in the first place!

Cheers~

ShadesmasterShadesmaster
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 43

Agreed! I thought it would be longer than fall tbh because WHEN it comes out is less important than something cool coming out! And time has a way of flying after all. I wonder what the tam’s plan is after Overload, though, beyond continued support. An expansion? A new game entirely? Who knows!

All’s I know is that to make levels, we get a custom editor I imagine we run through unity – and I can’t wait. Is that coming before or after release for the level of backer I am? I forgot if a pre-release editor was intended tbh, though even if it was, there would be things not as polished as if it comes alongside the released game, so should the plan change I don’t mind. Again, time flies – release ‘when it’s done.’ 😛

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

I do know they are releasing an expansion, a multiplayer expansion that adds multiplayer to the game. They said it would likely be released 6-8 months after the release of Overload. We’ll see how it plays out, but I am happy with the progress so far so I’m not worried quite yet.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Agreed! I thought it would be longer than fall tbh because WHEN it comes out is less important than something cool coming out! And time has a way of flying after all. I wonder what the tam’s plan is after Overload, though, beyond continued support. An expansion? A new game entirely? Who knows!

All’s I know is that to make levels, we get a custom editor I imagine we run through unity – and I can’t wait. Is that coming before or after release for the level of backer I am? I forgot if a pre-release editor was intended tbh, though even if it was, there would be things not as polished as if it comes alongside the released game, so should the plan change I don’t mind. Again, time flies – release ‘when it’s done.’ 😛

They said during the Kickstarter that if we fund them, then they can stay together after they finish Overload and that means they can make Overload 2 and a spiritual successor to FreeSpace and who knows what else. If we hadn’t funded them, then their plan would be that they would finish Overload and disband with broken hearts.

The editor will be released either with or after the retail release of the game. There’s a stretch goal that pertains to the editor. Check it out on the pre-order page.

Prepare for Overload…

saline
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 7

I’m unable to play the new Playable Teaser v2 — I can open it up, and I see the menu and I can scroll through options, but I can’t select anything. Has anyone else had this issue? Sorry if this isn’t the place to bring it up; I emailed feedback but never heard back. I want to play!

saline
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 7

Also, how do I get the “kickstarter backer” flair, instead of my lowly “participant”?

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

They said during the Kickstarter that if we fund them, then they can stay together after they finish Overload and that means they can make Overload 2 and a spiritual successor to FreeSpace and who knows what else. If we hadn’t funded them, then their plan would be that they would finish Overload and disband with broken hearts.

I remember them saying this as well.
    And to be clear, the stretch goal involving the editor won’t affect the release of the editor itself. That part still happens either way.
    I believe it was originally intended for post-launch but who knows what will happen in the fall if they’re ahead of schedule.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

I remember them saying this as well.
    And to be clear, the stretch goal involving the editor won’t affect the release of the editor itself. That part still happens either way.
    I believe it was originally intended for post-launch but who knows what will happen in the fall if they’re ahead of schedule.

If we don’t reach the $350,000 stretch goal (we’re currently at $324,875), then we won’t have support for custom weapons and custom robots and we won’t have the “better Level Editor documentation”.

Prepare for Overload…

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Yeh, but the editor itself will still exist.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer

Also, how do I get the “kickstarter backer” flair, instead of my lowly “participant”?

Once they withdraw the $ from your account for the purchase, you are emailed and given the designation “Kickstarter Backer.”

Just happened for me today (good timing too!).

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Once they withdraw the $ from your account for the purchase, you are emailed and given the designation “Kickstarter Backer.”

Or you comment on the forums and I read it and help out 😉
    That should be fixed for you now!

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer

Or you comment on the forums and I read it and help out 😉
    That should be fixed for you now!

THIS^ is what I’m talkin bout. Thanks as always Revival team, your consistent feedback makes this whole experience worlds better!

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

That wink is maintaining speed and heading like a starship.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer

Well, whatever it is, it’s getting ready to blow itself to pieces.

Prepare for Overload…

ViciousFluidViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer

Well, whatever it is, it’s getting ready to blow itself to pieces.

What have I done???

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: February 1, 2017: Week 44 Next Topic: February 8, 2017: Week 45