The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by chromar chromar 20 Nov 2017 @ 8:22pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chromar
    chromar
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Any word on the full release date?

CDN_Merlin
    CDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

2018 is all was know, 1st quarter IIRC

Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Yeah, I heard laaaaasst week (or the one before) that it would probably be at the tail end of Q1 2018.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

The best way to answer this is, they are estimating they will finish and release the game on all platforms simultaneously near the end of Q1 2018. This current estimate is based on their current rate of progress and what they have left to do. They are not using a publisher (like when they used Interplay for Descent), and so they will never be bound to a release date. They can take all the time they need to take, and that’s exactly what they are doing.

So, provided they don’t encounter any major delays, they should be done in a few months (according to them, not me). I think at some point in the future they will announce an official release date, but they probably won’t be able to do that until they know for sure when they will be able to release the game. All they know right now is it looks like they’ll be able to release it in the first quarter of 2018.

Prepare for Overload…

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Yes, late Q1/2018 is our goal.

krayzkrok
    krayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

Mike, are you planning another video update / Q&A anytime soon? Would love to hear more about the nuts and bolts, such as what stage you’re at with certain aspects of the game. Early development is all about planning and getting systems in place, it seems, but we don’t hear so much about this later stage where content is being filled in, balanced, polished etc. Maybe in time for Christmas, perhaps? 😉

Sirius
    Sirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

My understanding is that lately they have been very, very busy completing content for the game – which might have required avoiding distractions. But, that’s only a guess.

Haunted Parrasp
    Haunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

I do know as of last week Luke only had one more singleplayer level left to complete (or at least, get to the stage that the early access levels we’ve got now are at? Was less clear on that part…)

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

chromar
    chromar
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Ok! Thank you! Can’t wait to see the official! 😀

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Oculus question Next Topic: Ace Combat 7