The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Website and Forum Feedback Old Threads Gone Lost

RSS Feed
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

Cathy, did you know that some old threads are lost or cannot be opened anymore?

I tried to dig out a picture I posted in an old thread but the page cannot be found!?

What is your favorite controller?

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

It’s not just old threads. I’ve tried to open a few of the “recent topics” and “recent replies” over the past couple of weeks and have been taken to the same “page not found” page. Maybe they’re in hidden/beta/staff forums?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

It’s not just old threads. I’ve tried to open a few of the “recent topics” and “recent replies” over the past couple of weeks and have been taken to the same “page not found” page. Maybe they’re in hidden/beta/staff forums?

The posts you couldn’t access are probably these:

“The problem with the misalignment of the clickable area of buttons”

“Accessory Energy upgrade didn’t work”

“CM suggestion: auto-switch to top Starting Missile after firing a Time Bomb”

“Time Bomb suggestion (from player’s perspective, only affect the robots)”

“Early Access Drop #6 now available!”

The reason being is, these are in the forum called “Beta Backer Early Release”.

I personally apologize for a few of these threads because they’re mine and I accidentally posted them there instead of in the public forum. I asked for them to be moved on August 9th. Still waiting, but I know the team is busy.

Some old forums from a very long time ago were removed when they became no longer relevant. I don’t remember what they were though. I know one of them was the original Playable Teaser forum.

Look here to see what forums used to exist on here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160501000000*/https://playoverload.com/forums

Prepare for Overload…

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I if remember correctly, there were temporarily subforums for each of the beta backer demos and the PAX Demo from last year. A lot of good stuff was posted in them but it looks like they were hidden when each new demo (and then Early Access) released.

I think I might know the picture that 1up is looking for; the wild custom controller he uses? I myself have often wanted to reference those pictures to illustrate points about the hopelessness of categorizing people based on their preferred controls.
    We also lost the thread where I was posting mockups of HUD changes.

I imagine that it could be messy to keep all these old subforums up but it might be good to have an “Archive” subforum where we could access and refer to some of the older content that is still relevant.

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

Exactly Yosh, this picture I was searching for. The forum link still exists but unfortunately it cannot be opened anymore. I will give it a quick shot with the web archive.

Edit: No luck with the web archive. Thanks anyway.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Exactly Yosh, this picture I was searching for. The forum link still exists but unfortunately it cannot be opened anymore. I will give it a quick shot with the web archive.

Edit: No luck with the web archive. Thanks anyway.

The reason why I recommended that you look at the web archive was to see that some forums have since been removed which is why you can’t access that thread anymore. I don’t know if everything has been hidden or deleted, but the purpose of you looking at the web archive was to just see for yourself that this place used to have forums it no longer has.

Prepare for Overload…

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

I think Yosh is exactly right. As we’ve added new forums, I’ve hidden some older ones where the topic seemed outdated. What I’ll do is make an archive forum so they can still be accessed. Give me a little while and I’ll see what I can do!

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

I think I got it; does this seem to work for everyone?

D2DiscipleD2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

I can see the new archive forum and read the topics within just fine. Thanks!

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

The threads all seem to be working. Thanks very Much Cathy! Sadly some of the images aren’t appearing, including 1up’s controller. I wonder if they were removed at the source? The image’s description appears in its place.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Waiting for Sonic Mania… Next Topic: Bug Seems Fixed: Robots Firing at Crazy Angles