The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Brags and Links Open Office Spreadsheets for pasting the stats that we get with Ctrl-C & Ctrl-A

RSS Feed
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

As promised, here are the spreadsheets I’ve been working on. I have made them the best I can with my limited ability so ideas for revisions will be considered! πŸ˜‰ Each file has a separate sheet for each CM map so far. I have also included a sample run of mine on each sheet so that you can see where they go. You probably want to delete these to start fresh for yourself (Columns A, B, and C). Each file also has one sheet which tallies the totals from all maps. This sheet should self-update so you probably don’t need to enter anything in it.

First, the sheets for kills and damage. To use these press Ctrl-C in your post game screen then Alt-Tab to Open-Office and paste into the next open row in Column A. I like to leave a blank row between runs but that isn’t actually necessary.
    Build 94 Combat Stats

Second, the sheets for items dropped by robots. To use these, press Ctrl-A in your post game screen then Alt-Tab to Open-Office and paste into the next open row in Column A, just like the other one.
    WARNING: Each sheet in these files has literally hundreds of formulas which auto-update when you paste in new data. It can take a while and look like the program has frozen. Let it finish and it should be fine. I haven’t actually had the program crash yet.
    Build 94 Robot Drops

For anyone who doesn’t have Open Office, it is an open source version of Microsoft Office. It’s not quite as powerful but it works well and is free. It’s version of Excel is called Calc, and that’s the program I’ve been using. You can get it from its official source here

Edit- At Bemosa’s suggestions I have now included 10 files in each link, one for each combination of mode and difficulty.

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

Pilots,

It really can’t be underoverstated how useful a tool these aggregators are — they provide hard evidence in community discussions on balance. Yoshi put some serious work in here and these are extremely useful to have. Please, if you remember to do so, start compiling your run data into these spreadsheets and sending/posting them! Good runs, bad runs, PBs, WRs, 0-kills, first tries, new tactics…anything you’re putting an effort into is worth adding to the pile. The more data we have about how OP reavs/guards are what the balance landscape looks like in CM, the better Revival will be able to respond in kind with changes.

I hate making requests of people but please, if you’re willing and able, consider helping out by collecting your run data!

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 240

Ok because I have no shame, here is some data for the pool.

Info that might be relevant:

-I currently hold the 3rd position on the combined rookie leaderboards *shakes fist at Mr Kulas and Maxx* so I’ve played a bit, but not as much as some *cough chillybus cough*
    -I never play hotshot so this is a first foray into that difficulty, and I felt out of my comfort zone!
    -I went in cold and played backfire 5 times back to back, starting with driller/reflex and hunter/timebomb for each run

Hope it might provide some insight? Yes/No? I thought for purpose of comparison, perhaps someone else could go in and collect the same set of data, and put me to shame heheh…

Note: open image in new tab to see it larger.

Question – how many runs per chart should we be aiming for to gather a suitable data sample?

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer

My son just did a run of 5 on blizzard.
    He started each with reflex/driller/hunter/creeper.
    He plays more shooters than I do but he had not played Overload in about a month, so this was a “going in cold” run.

I will get samples with higher run counts for future posts, but these two should get the ball rolling πŸ™‚

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer

Very cool! Thanks Bemosa πŸ™‚ When I was charting data in Build 83 I noticed that averages started to even out around 20-25 runs. At that point outliers start to skew things less and you get a more accurate idea of how things are working. Of course the more, the better πŸ˜‰ I plan to start uploading my charts at 25 runs per map like last time.

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Excel 2007 and later will open .ods (OpenOffice spreadsheet) files as well, in case you’re using that. I don’t know if the compatibility is 100% but it seems OK to me at a cursory glance (although I am using O365).

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer

Here is the first chart after 25 runs.
    My top score was 120, average was about 50 πŸ˜›

Looks like guardians and reavers chew me up, followed by hydras and tritons

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Excel 2007 and later will open .ods (OpenOffice spreadsheet) files as well, in case you’re using that. I don’t know if the compatibility is 100% but it seems OK to me at a cursory glance (although I am using O365).

It’s not 100% compatable. There is something in there that the Excel format doesn’t support. Using Excel 2016 btw.

maniak1349maniak1349
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 18

Backfire / Insane – 25 runs. Krakens were through the roof so I have adjusted vertical scale.

I have encountered an issue with a spreadsheet – if decimal separator in current locale is not a dot (comma in my case) then damage will not be calculated correctly.

Also some other stuff I did with a hacky python script

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer

I have encountered an issue with a spreadsheet – if decimal separator in current locale is not a dot (comma in my case) then damage will not be calculated correctly.

Yinut from Estonia also encountered a problem. In his case he was getting unwanted apostrophes with all of his numbers which prevented the calculations from working. I believe his solution was to paste in English.

I like the other charts Maniak, and it’s great to see something from one of the top players. Once I get over my damned cough I’ll be able to post some too. My columns won’t be as tall though πŸ˜‰

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer

I finally managed to get some play time in so here’s my chart for Backfire. I still seem to be having the same trouble with Ogres as before. I’m not sure what was changed about them but it obviously didn’t help me.
    B94 Backfire
    I’ll get to the other maps as I can.

maniak1349maniak1349
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 18

Just finished those runs and I need to say – now I’m even more impressed by Yoshi’s feat. Not only he managed to do those 225 runs in one drop time span (which is quite an achievement in itself) but also extracted all those stats manually. That’s quite a dedication.

So here’s what I’ve got myself:
    Stat records – 25 for each level on insane
    All those fancy images I’ve managed to produce with those

There is 48 images in total, so I’m not going to post all of them here – it will be a huge mess.

Now about the runs.

For the purity of the experiment I’ve decided to do all of them as good as I could, so there is no experiments with different weapons, no upside down runs etc. Its got quite boring in the end but a challenge is a challenge and I did my best.

I’ve also tried to be as honest as I could with those record. I’m sure that I forgot to save 10-something on the way but otherwise whatever I’ve scored – good or bad – is here.

Controls : near default KB + Mouse (Smash on Z and Slide-down on LCtrl)
    Weapons : Driller / Thunderbolt / NONE
    Missiles : does not really matter, but usually I went with Falcon / Missile Pod

General tactics : Mostly I was circling levels in long sometimes alternating routes trying to move neither too slow nor too fast. That allowed me to maintain constant robot “tail” which I was trying not to kill off all at once since it will result in a lot of robots spawning all over the place. Occasionally with certain combinations of robots (little to none slow and runaway robots) that even felt a little cheaty – between events level would feel almost empty (if you will not turn around, that is) even at 300+ kills. I think something should be done about that – maybe regular robots should give up chase more often for no particular reason.

And here are the stats:

Total damage/kills:

Record history (loooooong):

And of course everyone’s best friends:

(Per level robot performance impact values may be a little off due to small sample size (25 records), uneven distribution (up to 2 records with robot in question and 23 without) and the fact that power ups are not taken into account at all.)

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Big Old Pile of Build 94 Leaderboard Reset Gameplay Next Topic: Turn speed mouse vs joystick