The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Single Player Campaign Optimizing with graphic settings for the animated fans

RSS Feed
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

Hi, I have finally started playing the true campaign. It’s fantastic. I am enjoying every minute. (I just downloaded the latest build from this week!)

I did notice that once I got to Titan the game suddenly showed its first instance of slowing from full smooth “liquid” motion to stuttering halting FPS.

It appeared to happen specifically in a big room with lots of those animated wall mounted fans. I don’t know if that’s really the issue at all. It could be some combination of lighting or even a bug. But for me, those fans don’t add a whole lot to the game and they seem unnecessarily taxing on my set up.

So if you don’t mind, is there a particular graphics setting within all the myriad (for me as a GPU noob — dizzying) graphics options, which allows me to simply turn off the spinning fan animation or in any case reduce any unnecessary/ineffective lighting that is interacting with the fans?

I have the feeling (and I could be wrong) that if the room were just me and the robots and the projectiles, then all the unnecessary moving surfaces that are just there for showing off (i.e. eating GPU power) will no longer inhibit the important performance of the functional parts of the game.

Otherwise, are there specific places to go in settings that keep graphics “nice” but reduce “unnecessary” glitz?

How would other players prioritize the various effects options? What’s important and what is not?

I know everyone is different but what do others find important? Or if nobody changes the settings, what do the devs think is the most necessary (glamorous) vs. unnecessary (over the top) effects?

Any/all advice would be appreciated.

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

You could try turning shadows down.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

Thank you! I will try that!

visionvision
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 38

…once I got to Titan the game suddenly showed its first instance of slowing from full smooth “liquid” motion to stuttering halting FPS.

This is also the first place performance was bad for me (there were a few more). I play on a low-power system and found that turning all the graphic option OFF did little to affect framerate. The game still looks and plays basically the same even with everything disabled. The only way I was able to recover frames was to lower the resolution, but some areas were still difficult to play even at 800 x 600.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: How to configure a LAN game Next Topic: Leaderboard showing wrong name