The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Outpost translations

RSS Feed
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

As many of you know, we’ve released the demo level from the Playable Teaser as a full-game add-on level called “The Outpost.” We’ve just added some briefing text for the level, and I’m thinking it would be nice to have translations for that text. If you speak German, French, Spanish, or Russian and want to give it a go, please post your translation here.

Below is the English that needs to be translated. Ceres is the largest asteroid in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

– CERES AUTONOMOUS MINING FACILITY

– THE AUTONOMOUS MINING FACILITY AT CERES, THE LARGEST ASTEROID IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM, HAS BEEN FULLY OPERATIONAL FOR 8 MONTHS. THIS PROTOTYPE FACILITY, BUILT BY JUNO OFFWORLD AUTOMATION, REPLICATED THE FUNCTIONALITY USED BY CRONUS FRONTIER ON THREE REMOTE SATURN MOONS. ONE MONTH AFTER THE INITIAL INCIDENT AT CRONUS FRONTIER, THE AUTO-OPS AT CERES MALFUNCTIONED AS WELL. THE FACILITY MUST NOW BE DESTROYED.

Thanks!

– Matt

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

According to NASA, Ceres is a Dwarf Planet, not an asteroid. Not even the largest Dwarf Planet, falling behind Eris and Pluto. 4 Vesta would be the largest asteroid now under the new classification (from my understanding).

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/ceres/overview/

ShroudeyeShroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

Hello Matt,

I’m sending a Spanish translation for the above text. I have to admit, I’m not much fluent in Spanish, and used a lot of the good old Google Translate. However, the translation should be fine.

-CERES Instalación minera autónoma

– La instalación minera autónoma en Ceres, el asteroide más grande en el sistema solar, ha estado en pleno funcionamiento durante 8 meses. Esta instalación prototipo, construido por Juno Offworld Automatización, replica la funcionalidad utilizada por Frontera de Crono en tres lunas remotas de Saturno. Un mes después del incidente inicial en la frontera de Cronus, las operaciones automáticas en Ceres también funcionaron mal. La instalación ahora debe ser destruida.

Cheers!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Favorite D1-D3 Difficulty? Next Topic: Getting rid of chat in PlayOverload.com