The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Bug Reports and Questions Performance drops after killing 50-100 bots or more. Normal?

RSS Feed
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

This is regarding the builds where Persistent Debris was disabled, and is especially noticeably in the big new map for Challenge Mode.

I know the game isn’t optimized *AT ALL*, but I just want to see if others are experiencing this too. I have an i5-2500K at 4.5 GHz, a GTX 780 that I overclocked fairly heavily (with the ASUS DirectCU II air cooler), 8 GB of DDR3-1866 memory and a resolution of 1680×1050. After I kill lots and lots of bots, like say 50-100 or more my performance tanks considerably, especially when I’m near the bots. Is this normal? Can I do anything to make it better? Or is this just the way it is for now due to the game not being optimized at all yet?

Edit: The more and more I kill, the worse and worse it gets. I made it to 521 kills just now, but I was beginning to give up because I’m running short on time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h70kein23j7fj3q/521%20kills.png?raw=1

I mean, I could have kept going and going and going. I wouldn’t have made it this far if it weren’t for the free slow-motion (it was almost like a slide show). The performance was fine when the bots weren’t around me, but as soon as they came near, the performance would start going way down – even before I could see them.

Oh, and sometimes a bot explosion would cause a momentary lock-up of the game with no stop to the audio.

Prepare for Overload…

Leon0628Leon0628
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

I got the same but even earlier. After like 10 or so.
    I have a Xeon E-3 1231v3, 16gb Ram and a GTX 970 with win 10 64bit.
    But apart from that the game runs surprisingly well. I never had crashes or something like that.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Just for testing purposes (and for huge amounts of fun!), I played Challenge Mode in the old map (the first map), and it was WAY better.

Performance still dropped after a ballpark figure of about 100 kills, but I made it to 216 before I made a bad move and the performance wasn’t nearly as bad as it was in the new map.

I don’t know if this thread is even necessary because the game isn’t even optimized *at all* yet, but I’d rather say something instead of not saying anything and wondering if I should.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: The lighting for 6-DoF Practice in Build 6 is almost too dark Next Topic: Things of D2/D3 I suggest for Overload