The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Playable Teaser 2.0 available

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

We are pleased to announce that after almost a year, we have updated our Playable Teaser.

You can get it from Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/450220

DRM-free versions here: https://playoverload.com/playable-teaser/

Runs on Windows, Mac, Linux. Supports Oculus Rift VR.

If you have time, after playing it a bit, we’d like to know what you think. Please take our very brief survey: https://goo.gl/forms/zACmOfDrluHdswMl2

That’s it — Hope you have fun!

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team

We have uploaded Build 13 to Steam as well as our website for those who prefer DRM-free. This fixes a bug that some people had in which the screen is always black, but sound and music plays. If you didn’t experience this problem, there’s probably no reason for you to get the new build.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/450220/

DRM free here: https://playoverload.com/playable-teaser/

Thanks for all the feedback. Please report any bugs and we’d love to hear more comments about what you do and do not like.

Hunter
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 69

Very nice work 🙂 It definitely feels like you’ve captured that Descenty charm.

Aldemar Bernal
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 22

It runs smoothly on my old 2102 mac book pro. Really fells like old Descent, keep the good work!

foghorn2foghorn2
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 115

Real nice and a great improvement from the first teaser. My 7yr old loves it even more!
    You can really tell this was created by the originators of Descent!!

crossycrossy
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Can be played very well. Now finally a fair trainee mode to try out. It really feels like Descent. Good work!

dolphe
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

hello,

really good work! Its exactly the mechanic of the good old descent. I used to be maniac about designing the multiplayer levels with your editor. Now I see you have exactly same “concept”, with “cubes”. Cant wait to redesign my old levels for the Overload, and make new ones ofc.

Didnt noticed the info, but when do you release the level editor? At single player launch or later when multiplayer launches?

Keep up the awesome work, we wanted this game for a looong time. (well, at least me)

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team

dolphe: We haven’t specified a release date for the level editor, but I presume it will be after single player and before multiplayer. We’re looking at autumn, 2017 for single player and multiplayer ~6 months later.

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 28

Pardon me Mike, but are there new system requirements since 2.0? Steam just shows basic minimums.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team

We haven’t changed the requirements — whatever ran the 2016 teaser should be fine. We added a bunch of stuff, but also spent a fair amount of time on optimization. Let me know if it’s not running well for you.

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 28

We haven’t changed the requirements — whatever ran the 2016 teaser should be fine. We added a bunch of stuff, but also spent a fair amount of time on optimization. Let me know if it’s not running well for you.

No, it’s running great! Thanks for the quick reply! Just wanted to be sure, I was replying to someone else’s concern in another post.

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. Overload really does put me years back.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team

Takes me back, too. When were at this stage of Descent, I had zero kids. Now I’ve got three with two in college…;)

mrtranscend
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Just got the new build fired up. Loving the refined challenge mode. I’ve noticing that you’ve improved the AI as well, they are destroying me with zero mercy.

DstryrofsoulzDstryrofsoulz
    Participant
    Replies: 6

<~ BUBBALOU

had do wait to get home to purchase for my old pc!
    ..No brightness control !

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.

artist formally known as BUBBALOU

JosheM
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 29

The new challenge levels are nice. Just did the caverns in VR and was not expecting melee bots to slink out of the shadows at me! Yikes, like being 10 again and facing medium lifters for the first time in Descent level 4. I like the new bots all around – they are using a variety of weaponry and doing so with increased intelligence. The hit and run, strafing, charging, and sniping are all taking their toll on my hull, arg! Definitely a fresh 6-dof challenge.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Build 12 Next Topic: Adjusting options with 360-controller