The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Player ship

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Pyro-GXPyro-GX
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 24

So, I’ve heard you guys own the rights to the Pyro-GX ship used in D1 and D2, are we going to be seeing that in Overload?

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

The main ship in Overload will not be the Pyro-GX. Although Parallax does have mostly-unencumbered rights to the Descent IP, we’ve decided to make Overload stand on it’s own. But I do think various Descent elements may make cameo appearances 🙂

Edward
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 38

I very much like the Pyro GX, and would LOVE to have it available for multiplayer! I would also like to see what your artist/designer does with the thing as the original left a lot open to interpretation.

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 67

I’m all down for a new ship. You guys did an amazingly great job with the Pyro design and I’m sure the new ship will be just as good if not better. Itching to see what you guys come up with though. It would be nice to see the Pyro show up as an extra ship on the side though…either an alternate SP skin or a multiplayer ship.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team

You guys did an amazingly great job with the Pyro design and I’m sure the new ship will be just as good if not better.

Thanks. Chris is starting to work on ship designs and I’m sure he’ll make something awesome.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I’m really looking forward to seeing the player’s ship. For me that will be one of the biggest draws even though I initially won’t be seeing much of it in game since it will start as singleplayer only. Knowing that I’m flying something really cool adds a lot to my enjoyment.

Also when the ship is designed I hope that it will make it’s way on to a kickstarter t-shirt. I like the sawbot just fine but I’m just not as excited to wear one as I would be to show off the ship that I pilot in the game!

A Future Pilot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 65

Actually, this made me think of another question…will there be more than one ship in the game?

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team

will there be more than one ship in the game?

For now, just one player ship.

– Matt

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 67

I know you guys said that the first stretch goal will be tools to customize weapons and bots, but will it be possible for us to get our own custom ship? Of course to do that we’d need another special tool to set up weapon ports and other stuff, but could that be a possibility maybe? There are some ships I’d like to fly in 6DoF. And I’m thinking that base stats and hurtboxes won’t be changeable so balancing won’t be affected. Alternatively, New ships can be submitted to you guys (or the community in general) to judge on fairness and viability so we don’t get ships that are hard to see our anything unfair.

visionvision
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3

As long as the new ship doesn’t look like a submarine, I’m cool. Not into space-subs.

Edward
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 13

Now I am just imagining custom MP skins, like the space shuttle or anything!

Dacien
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 106

I’d like to maybe see the Pyro GX be an unlockable for beating the game on the hardest difficulty without dying, or some similar challenge.

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team

I’d like to maybe see the Pyro GX be an unlockable for beating the game on the hardest difficulty without dying, or some similar challenge.

Hmmm….Interesting idea 🙂

WhitesharkWhiteshark
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 61

Then make sure to make it near impossible 😀

1up1up
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 82

The main ship in Overload will not be the Pyro-GX. Although Parallax does have mostly-unencumbered rights to the Descent IP, we’ve decided to make Overload stand on it’s own. But I do think various Descent elements may make cameo appearances

Just curious, how is that possible that Descendent Studios can use the Pyro-Design for the “Torch” in their game. Did you give them permission or is their design “off” enough from the genuine Pyro Design ?

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Pyro-GX Next Topic: Missle-cam