The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Kickstarter Pledge Upped!

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Since I just got a whammy of a tax refund, I upped my pledge to the $120 level!
    The only worry is that I’m using a prepaid card and if backerkit is subject to sales tax there might not be enough there to cover it depending on what happens to the Canadian dollar before July 31st. I’m not sure if backerkit legally counts as a purchase or a donation, or if Canada even charges sales tax for online payments to another country… I can’t seem to find any info about this on the government’s various websites.
    So basically, if something does happen when the time for payment comes, I should be able to find a way to fix it within a few days. Don’t write me off. 😛

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

My 150 pledge ended up costing 220 after conversion to US funds.

Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, and this $91 addon ends up being $118 at the time I made it.
    But, judging from Google’s currency converter at least, CAD might be slowly starting to go up or at least plateau now so maybe when the card actually gets charged it won’t be quite so much. 😀

The sales tax thing is confusing because I know that Steam isn’t subject to sales tax in Canada but buying music plugins from Image-Line is. I really have no idea how it works. Honestly I wouldn’t bother at all except I really want that editor documentation. 😛

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Wow, thanks for the upped pledge! Just FYI, BackerKit is not subject to sales tax. Also, if the date you are charged becomes a big concern, using PayPal charges the card immediately.

Kickstarter Backer

If there’s no sales tax then it won’t matter.
    Thanks for the info. 😀

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

How did you up your pledge? I want to do the same thing but I can’t find anywhere that lets me. I’d hate to cancel and reorder (at the higher level) if there is something I’m missing. I’ve tried looking at all the information I could, but the most I find is to go to the add-ons portion of backerkit and select to up the pledge there, but I literally can’t see it anywhere.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: D:U Deal Thread Next Topic: Inferno 2 won't open