The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Brags and Links Proof of Concept, Recording My Joysticks as I Play

RSS Feed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Yoshimitsu Yoshimitsu 18 Aug 2017 @ 9:57am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Chilly’s video inspired me to try recording my inputs as I play Overload. Unfortunately I couldn’t find a tool that works easily with my joysticks since they are so old, but at Raptur’s suggestion I set up my phone as a webcam. I know that the frame-rate and quality aren’t the best but it’s what my PC can produce 😉 I think it gives an idea of what I do as I fly for anyone who is interested.

I figured it might be handy to include my control setup here too.
    Yoshi's Controls

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 59

Really enjoyed it man, keep it up. JoyPower.

raptur
    raptur
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 134

Really cool!

D2Disciple
    D2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

That looks exhausting… And extremely skillful. Super cool! Would love to see more of this.

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

It’s definitely a bit more vigorous than most other control setups, and yeah I do get tired after a few hours but it’s absolutely worth it! Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Since you like it I’ll start adding the joysticks to my videos 🙂 Now that I’ve done it once it’ll be easy next time.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Astrokill (Inspired by Freespace 2) is looking for Linux testers Next Topic: Titan 6 – locked room with spawner