Home Forums Community Hijinks and Random Stuff Share Your Control Config

RSS Feed

This topic contains 41 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by juris3d juris3d 12 Mar 2019 @ 6:32am.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

I just realized I never updated my control diagram when I got my new left hand stick so here we go:
    dual sidewinder

mickey1
    mickey1
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 16

No scroll wheel in MP?

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

Sure you can use your scroll wheel in MP. The system that needs changing is the weapon wheel system that you access by holding down the select primary or secondary keys. It has a slo-mo effect that can’t work for MP. It has nothing to do with the mouse wheel.

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 59

@crstlmeth, Interesting set up! That new mold looks like it is going to be awesome! Update us as you get it going.

@yoshimitsu, the scroll wheel comment was in response to mine. @mickey1, I am just anticipating it not being quick enough for fights.

mickey1
    mickey1
    Participant
    Replies: 16

I ran out of fingers. added feet. Mouth switch next? I have one more switch open on my controller. Dragon? Trying for limited hunt and peck; hence the scroll wheel. Slow not good but when you miss recycle very bad.

crstlmeth
    crstlmeth
    Participant
    Replies: 7

I am planning on showing the whole build from cradle to grave, I am thinking of starting a new thread for this so I don’t trash this one. I will announce as it happens and thanks for the support. I am always inspired by your scores Miasmic, I hope to catch you one day : )

Terminal
    Terminal
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 18

I use a Logitech G600 alongside a keyboard. Here’s the mouse portion. Eventually I’ll figure out more controls to bind to the buttons and mousewheel.

For keys I use ESDF instead of WASD, with W and R sliding up and Space bar sliding down. Shift to boost.

the-argonain-guy
    the-argonain-guy
    Participant
    Replies: 19

Here are my controls, I use an xbox 360 Controller for Playing this game, and I can’t play or enjoy it without one, nor do I like using joystick (like at all) which is why I stick with my trusty ol Xbox 360 Controller!

My Controls:
    Turn Left: Left analogue Left
    Turn Right: Left analogue Right
    Pitch Up: Left analogue Up
    Pitch Down: Left analogue Down

Move Fore: RB button
    Move Back: RT button
    Slide Left: X button
    Slide Right: B button
    Slide Up: Y button
    Slide Down: A button

Fire Primary: LB button
    Fire Secondary: LT button
    Switch Primary: Gamepad Up
    Switch Secondary: Gamepad Left
    Fire Flare: Right analogue Down
    Use Boost: Gamepad Right
    Toggle Headlight: Gamepad Down
    Auto Map: Back button
    Hologuide: Right analogue Left
    Smash Attack Right analogue Up
    Pause: Start

I based the controls on Forsaken for the Ps1 which had a similar control scheme on the ps1 controller, I made a version of that control scheme for the xbox 360 controller, Forsaken is also the game that introduced me to 6Dof BTW.

I also use to play Overload with a usb n64 controller! Here’s the control scheme when I used an n64 controller!

n64 controls:
    Turn Left: Analogue Left
    Turn Right: Analogue Right
    Pitch Up: Analogue Up
    Pitch Down: Analogue Down

Move Fore: A button
    Move Back: B button
    Slide Left: C Left
    Slide Right: C Right
    Slide Up: C Up
    Slide Down: C Down

Fire Primary: Z button
    Fire Secondary: R button
    Switch Primary: Gamepad Up
    Switch Secondary: Gamepad Left
    Fire Flare: L button
    Use Boost: Gamepad Right
    Toggle Headlight: Gamepad Down
    Auto Map: Start button

Controls for playing with usb n64 controller are inspired by Forsaken 64’s controls! I also stopped using an n64 controller because the analogue stick kept breaking on the controllers I got, including the more expensive 8bitdo controller, with the exception of the cheaper retro link controller. Also I need more buttons to use more commands like hologuide or smash attack.

b2af
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Hi all,

I have not played Overload yet, but I will purchase the game when it comes out on the Xbox One.

I would like to share my Descent config with everyone.

I use a Xbox One Elite Controller, which I use to play competitive Descent on the DCL

This layout uses button combinations: tap, tap and hold, double tap, double tap and hold. This gives me 4 functions to one button and I use it for switching weapons quickly without cycling. Cycling weapons is something I see a lot with controller type layouts, which isn’t competitive.

Here is my config for the controller.

controller

PS. I dont know why its so small?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq-6UG6PO411ocYQLoqIIFOFv2wu5w
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq-6UG6PO411ocYRjb92O5fTd0FOGg

PDXGeek
    PDXGeek
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 7

Settings

doubletap
    Participant
    Replies: 1

This is what I have come up with on my Thrustmaster 16000. Curious what others think of my settings.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

juris3d
    juris3d
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Hey, @1up – I love what you do there! I am electronics engineer and hobbyist (besides Unreal Engine game making addiction recently), so I supper appreciate such works 🙂 I tweeted this on my channel too. Thumbs up!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Previous Topic: A new sport. Shredder Baiting! Next Topic: I enjoyed this one! 186 kills on Rookie in Blizzard.