The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions Ship is inverted on the map.

RSS Feed

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pixelicidiopixelicidio
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Did forum search, couldn’t find if already reported:

When I press TAB to see the map the ship appears inverted, facing backward, is very confusing, if what I think is the front. Anyway I suggest to show an arrow or triangle instead of a ship 3D model.

Screenshot 1: I ensured first to face the wall.

20180331123104_1

Screenshot 2: Model facing backwards on the map:

20180331123123_1

luponixluponix
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

Ye trying to point out by one short look at the map which direction you are actually facing is pretty hard and i often get confused. I wouldnt replace the model by a triangle but more likely add some line indicators or sth like a colored “nose” to the ship

•[OOTS]•

Prepare for Multiplayer

TerminalTerminal
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 18

Aha, the ship turned backwards and upside-down looks like an alternate ship design on its own. For future reference, the big spikes point where you’re facing; the little spikes are the upper rear wings.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Yes, I think they should add an option of making the map match the ship’s orientation.

I think what you are seeing here is my fault. A long time ago, the Automap actually matched the ship’s orientation (and the map could be rolled too), but it was quite confusing because it’s *VERY* rare that I’m upside-down but it’s likely I also won’t be perfectly level either. I might be looking up or down slightly, or I might be slightly rolled, etc. etc. etc. After I pointed this out, they took away the made the Automap stop matching the ship’s orientation. What wasn’t considered though was players who would play a map upside-down.

So, I think before launch, Overload needs an option to toggle on and off that makes the map match the ship orientation. Enabling such a behavior would also benefit from being able to roll the map in order to level the map if desired.

Prepare for Overload…

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

When you open the map, it orientates itself in the direction you’re facing, but I agree if you’re upside down it doesn’t work at all. There should be an option to rotate the map around the ship if you’re not level, so you’re looking at it relative to your viewport. Also agreed, the ship model looks like another design altogether if it’s upside down! Perhaps a couple of small arrows to indicate forward and up axes would be helpful?

I just played a bit more and yes, the map is really confusing if you’re not orientated “correctly”. I hadn’t really noticed this before because I haven’t really been playing the SP levels that much, and the CM maps are so small I can learn them easily. But on SP you’re very likely to be at all manner of angles while you’re exploring the mines, and I actually got completely disorientated by rotating 120 degrees, opening the map (of the training level!), spinning it around, closing the map and then trying to figure out where I was. Some better pointers would be really useful for new players who turn off autoleveling.

pixelicidiopixelicidio
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I think something like this will be more easy to understand at first sight,… maybe also a trace of the path from where we are coming? or that’s too much 🙂

20180331123123_1_fix<br />upload photos internet<br />

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: T.16000M FC Hotas tumbles forward by without input Next Topic: 0.9 Feedback and Comments