The discussion has moved over to Discord

RSS Feed

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Kulas 05 Mar 2018 @ 4:50pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BartSavagewood
    BartSavagewood
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 6

Has anyone else noticed that occasionally a Shredder will be wandering around, somewhat frozen? He won’t attack, and there’s no animation/movement. It doesn’t affect all of them, just once in a while I’ll get one that seems to be locked up. I’ve seen it in Backfire and Syrinx. Haven’t played the other CM levels much since the latest drop.

Maybe he’s just tired of all the senseless violence, or in a state of depression?

Sometimes he’s got his grinding wheels apart, and other times they’re together like he’s on an attack run, but just floating around.

Follow up – Seems like they don’t pop in that way. I saw one that was behaving normally, then sort of locked up when he was about to make a run.

CHILLYBUS
    CHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

I saw this once in my ~8 hours of playtime yesterday, on Roundabout. His hands seemed to be frozen together!

BartSavagewood
    BartSavagewood
    Kickstarter Backer

Seems like if you let them live for a while, they all eventually lock up. I’ve seen them with the grinding wheels together, and some of them locked apart. Probably hasn’t been noticed much as folks prioritize killing them quickly, but I spent some time this morning allowing them to live (I needed a red cape attached to the side of my ship to make it look a bit more like bull fighting) and it seemed that it happened to all of them.

Miasmic
    Miasmic
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 59

Haven’t noticed this, but I did just have one get stuck in a charge (kind of). It took a while to hunt him down. Heard him whirring away from the other side of the map (I dodged him there earlier and left the area). I think he hit the wall at a slight angle and just “rode” it. When I got to him, he was just skimming along the wall, sounding angry as hell.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Haven’t noticed this, but I did just have one get stuck in a charge (kind of). It took a while to hunt him down. Heard him whirring away from the other side of the map (I dodged him there earlier and left the area). I think he hit the wall at a slight angle and just “rode” it. When I got to him, he was just skimming along the wall, sounding angry as hell.

Was the sound when you got up close to him full volume, or was it kinda quiet but just emanating from him? There’s a bug I’ve reported many times where his sound gets kinda stuck on if it’s interrupted by quickly leaving the area during his attack.

Prepare for Overload…

BartSavagewood
    BartSavagewood
    Kickstarter Backer

He isn’t growling or anything. Literally just floating around, like something inert caught in a current. I noticed that he will stay oriented towards you, unless you’re cloaked.

Try a round of dodging a shredder and see what happens. Maybe there’s an issue with my install? If I ignore a Shredder, it happens every time.

I’ve got several videos, I’ll see if I can figure out how to post one somewhere for public consumption.

CHILLYBUS
    CHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

I dug up my footage of it — a few seconds of glorious 720p. You can see it float but not emit anything or move in my direction between combat with the SWyvern and Guardian. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/235556979

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Thanks for the report and analysis.

It looks a bit to me like he got put into runaway mode. Does he ever aggressively move towards the player when in this mode? And when he gets far away does he stop facing the player?

If he never moves aggressively towards the player, then it sounds like runaway mode.

If he sometimes moves aggressively towards the player, then it could be sniper behavior.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Ahh, fixed.

It’s related to the anti-kiting behavior. And I was correct that Blades was being put in runaway mode, illegally so.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: The games that have been eating my time lately Next Topic: Headlight problem in linux