Home Forums Website and Forum Feedback Signatures….

RSS Feed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LotharBot LotharBot 21 Mar 2017 @ 3:43pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Quartermaster
    Quartermaster
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

It would be very nice if we could add a small graphic like a company logo (or a personal one as not everyone runs a company) in the signature. Maybe 200×100. And hyperlink it! And add a link! Choose a font. Choose a tiny text size for a mission statement etc.
    As long as the images were kept moderately small they would look good.

Even with posting it says we can use BBCODE but all I see is a limited selection of html most of which doesn’t work.

LemurFromTheId
    LemurFromTheId
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 14

To be honest, I’m greatly enjoying the fact that we don’t have distracting signature images on this forum. I don’t see how they’d bring any real value here, they just make it more difficult to parse through a discussion.

TwoCables
    TwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 90
    Replies: 1219

One of my favorite things about this forum is that images aren’t allowed in signatures. I find them to be distracting. In addition, they can get out of control and thus they can require moderation.

Not only that, but if I had a forum, then I would not want my forum members using my forum to advertise through their signatures. That’s free advertising.

Prepare for Overload…

vision
    vision
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 13

Signatures suck.

Profile photo of LotharBot
    LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 115

signatures just create clutter. I like how clean the main section of a post is — nothing in between comments except for the reply/quote buttons.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Previous Topic: Crash – where to send crash reports Next Topic: …too many leaderboards?