The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Playable Teaser 3.0 Slow FPS in single player Teaser

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vintagerider1
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi all,
    I’m running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a Box Store Lenovo H530 desktop. Yes, a desktop. I’m old 🙂
    I’ve got 3.5 GHz, 6.0 RAM. As I recall, it does not have a dedicated video card.
    40 Mbps download with VPN on, and 215 Mbps with VPN off, and I’ve tried both ways. I was playing single player, but though you might want to know. I’ve reduced the graphics with no improvement.

I bet the framerate is in the single digits. Slightly faster when sitting still, but the

I don’t know if you remember the Mac version of Descent II that had the options for RAVE acceleration. You could have 200 fps sitting still, but as soon as you started shooting, it would drop to single digits. You looked pretty good getting blown up though.

As an aside, Descent 3 runs flawlessly even at higher grapics settings, as does D2x rebirth.

Anyway, any thoughts on what might help?

Thanks all,

VR

snyper
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 9

Hello, vintagerider1. The minimum requirements for the game mention needing a dedicated graphics card. Specifically:
    Graphics card with Shader 3.0 support (1GB+ VRAM recommended)

The game is very GPU demanding due to the large amount of effects. Try making sure you’ve turned down all the visuals (shadows/reflections/low rez/exc…), but unfortunately I think it might just still be too much for a system with no dedicated graphics card.

Descent 3 was a very GPU demanding title at the time, but that was nearly 20 years ago when we had nvidia TNT and 3dfx voodoo cards. Some integrated graphics processors might handle Descent 3 okay right now, but effects and their GPU demands of titles nowadays have come a long way over the last 20 years.

vintagerider1
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I missed the part about the dedicated video card.

If I could read, I have it made…

Thanks,

VR

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Homing Missiles shouldn't home thru walls Next Topic: My response to "Overload"