The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Brags and Links Special shout out to DarkwingDiva

RSS Feed
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maxxmaxx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

Hey Darkwing, I want to thank you for giving me the inspiration to get all 16 of the available achievement awards. I discovered many of them by combing the Steam player pages and when I would find one I didn’t have, I would make my attempt to win it. You were the only player I was aware of who had as many as could be had. I thought there were some of these that I would never be skilled enough to win, but I reasoned that if you could do it, I could keep on trying (and hopefully improving) for long enough that perhaps I, too, could get them.
    I have just, moments ago, completed my quest for the available awards, and I thank you for providing the incentive to do it. I am nowhere near as skilled a player as you are, if your scores and videos are any indication of your Overload Ability. Nonetheless, veni, vidi, vici! Thanks again. Maxx, out!

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Awe, I’m touched. Thank you so much. While I may have provided the spark, it was up to you to push through and achieve your goal, so really, you deserve all the credit. I’m sure you’re a much better player than you give yourself credit for, as some of those achievements are certainly not what I consider easy. A big congratulations to you my friend, for putting in the time and effort, and for finally completing your goal. Well done 🙂

maxxmaxx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

Hey there DarkwingDiva, since you were the only player I knew of who had achieved as many awards as were possible, I thought I would ask you how you liked having two of them so unceremoniously torn away. I was a little surprised that they would reduce the awards from the pool which were already available and, clearly, hard-won by someone. I think I want some kind of replacement for my laborious efforts. BFS was not an easy task, nor was CleanMachine. Well, OK, Cleanmachine actually was pretty easy, but you get the idea. I don’t know how many of us were affected by this diminution of achievement awards, but I know at least two of us were. Good luck on you quest for the rest! Maxx, out.

DarkwingDivaDarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Hi there! I was a little disappointed about it, as I clearly put a lot of effort into getting them all. It was so satisfying knowing that I got every one that I could, and then to have a couple taken away was like, well, disappointing like I said. I can understand to a point, because it is in Early Access and everything is subject to change, but I was hoping the Achievements were solid. It’s hard for me to say I want a replacement, but it does make me wonder what other Achievements may be removed at release time.

In any case, I await official release, and once I get through the Single Player campaign, I will promptly start the Achievement hunt. I wonder how long it will take me? If you also plan to do the same, then I will say good hunting pilot, take no prisoners. 🙂

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: overload v.0.8 build 106 not starting with joystick Next Topic: Occlusion Error on Syrinx