The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Story

RSS Feed

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RedOmen
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Any hints as to what the story for Overload will be like? Some time after Descent? A new universe?
    Will the game stick to the d1/2 style of cut-scenes between action or will it unfold in the level design?

On another note, is anyone else a fan of the new TV show The Expanse? If it had more angry robots I’d say it would be in the same universe! 🙂

Haunted ParraspHaunted Parrasp
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 428

Pretty sure it’s gonna have to be a new universe so they avoid conflict with interplay… yeah interplay might not technically have a right to stop them but not having a legal leg to stand on doesn’t seem to bother interplay. They can still make life difficult for devs even when they can’t legally stop them.

Ooooh, The Expanse, The Expanse… I heard that the original books were based on scrapped plans for an MMO game. The setting’s not identical, but I still wonder if that game was Miner Wars.

Ship’s cat, MPSV Iberia
    Check out his original music @ http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com/

Cathy Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 224

Hello! The story will be in a new universe and we are exploring different possibilities. Good news, Jason Scott, writer from Freespace 2, is on board!

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

RedOmen, OMG it’s been like forever. Where have you been hiding? You on FB?
    I should put my keychain as my avatar also. Good idea.

LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 133

RedOmen! Awesome! Catherine and I binge-watched season one of The Expanse a couple weekends ago. I like it less than Firefly or Babylon 5, but that’s a pretty high bar to clear.

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

I tried to watch The Expanse but found it to blah.

MAKAsaurusFLEX
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 21

Did y’all mention if you’re going to bring back any of the original voice actors?

RedOmen
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hiya Merlin!
    I’ve mostly been chilling with the Linux gamers at SteamLUG on irc and mumble.
    Things have been pretty exciting the last couple years with Valve pushing SteamOS, and most of the new engines having native support for it like Unity.

So happy to see that Overload will have a Linux version at launch!

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Well, it’s in a new story universe – there are no returning characters for “original” to apply to.

Hunter
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 69

I enjoyed The Expanse – But the characters were largely flat and boring (and the show really needed some smiles now and again). What I did enjoy was how it portrayed space travel, and the general art direction of the show was fantastic. Some gorgeous scenes indeed. Much better than a lot of other sci-fi being offered right now (I’m looking at you Dark Matter & Killjoys..)

MAKAsaurusFLEX
    Participant

Oops

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by MAKAsaurusFLEX. Reason: Wrong post
    MAKAsaurusFLEX
    Participant

It would be more for nostalgia than character continuity. You don’t need old characters to use a voice actor.

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

We could bring them back just for fun even if they’re different characters. Would be cool if there were inside joke references to Descent by the voice actors.

YoshimitsuYoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

It would be hilarious to hear the voice of Dravis as a nominal good guy. I’m thinking someone a bit like “Q” from the James Bond films 🙂

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Is PXO going back? Next Topic: Sound off!