Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spook
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi!

Not feeling too lucky, but it’s worth a try. I extensively played Descent I and II with keyboard only and since there were quite many keys to use, I used strafe (slide) modifier to switch controls to strafe mode. It’s nice to see, that Overload continues the tradition and allows defining strafe modifier. But.

I just checked to be certain – Descent’s default controls follows flight sim’s model: down arrow causes the ship to rotate up and up arrow – to rotate down. But when strafe modifier is used, normal controls are used: up arrow causes the ship to slide up and down arrow – to slide down.

Would it be possible to either change the behavior of slide modifier or add another switch for compatibility mode? It’s really hard to get used to non-sim behavior (up arrow to rotate up and down to rotate down) in a (at least partially) flight sim game (if you know, what I mean).

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Why Didn't I Know about Overload Sooner? #pumped Next Topic: Bug: enemies can sense your headlights through thin walls