The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Other Games The Dig

RSS Feed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Shroudeye Shroudeye 06 Mar 2018 @ 2:26am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    defconx
    defconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

Does anyone remember/did anyone play the click adventure game “The Dig”?

It was purportedly designed and implemented by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, and as a dorky kid who wasn’t into those blokes’ movies I thought it was easily the best thing they ever made together.

It had an interesting New Agey story where a ship disguised as an asteroid is about to collide with Earth and when you go to try to set explosions on it to set it off course it transports your crew to a very distant alien world in ruins, where you have to discover what went wrong. It had good characters, alien creature design, cinematic sequences, voice acting and ambiance, with many questions left unexplained but of course rewarding you for exploring and finding out more about the civilization, while trying to find a way home.

LemurFromTheId
    LemurFromTheId
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 24

I remember – though only vaguely, it’s been a long time. It was a good game, a nice little sci-fi story. I loved the general atmosphere and ambience.

Thunderbolt — an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

defconx
    defconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

I am glad I am not the only one. Yes, nice ambience.

Haha, do you remember “I can’t use those two things together!” ?

When I was stuck I probably tried every stupid combination of items until it actually did do something.

D2Disciple
    D2Disciple
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 81

I remember that it had some friggin’ awesome box art. Otherwise, never played it… Wanted to though, mostly because of aforementioned box art.

Shroudeye
    Shroudeye
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 84

Haha, I played a bit of it, actually.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: 8.5 feedback Next Topic: Questions about release date