The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Playable Teaser March 2016 Bug Reports and Questions There's still sound when sound is turned off

RSS Feed
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MoonMoon
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

I’ve just done a test flight with sound off to listen to a Podcast on the same PC and it worked fine except for the blades bot (apparently Overload’s version of a Medium Lifter) still making his attack sound. I’m playing the latest playable teaser, would be nice to see the version number or date on the main screen or something.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

I’ve just done a test flight with sound off to listen to a Podcast on the same PC and it worked fine except for the blades bot (apparently Overload’s version of a Medium Lifter) still making his attack sound. I’m playing the latest playable teaser, would be nice to see the version number or date on the main screen or something.

You’re right. I just tested this, and all I can hear is the sound of his blades. Turn the in-game volume back up and you also hear his other sounds mixed back in. Interestingly, the volume level of the sound that his blades make is unchangeable. I found that at 100%, I can’t even really hear his blades. At 10%, they’re the dominant sound. A good balance is 40-50%. Or even 30%.

Anyway, to get around this in Windows, left-click the Speaker icon in the Notification Area (down by the clock). After that, click “Mixer” and then simply Mute ‘Overload’ (click the blue speaker icon for ‘Overload’).

I don’t know how to do this in other operating systems.

Prepare for Overload…

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: 3D Audio API Support (VR & OSSIC X) Next Topic: Sol Contingency Proving Grounds April 15th!