The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions Thrustmaster HOTAS throttle

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thecrowthecrow
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I cannot assign both forward and reverse to my throttle. It registers the forward movement of the throttle but not the backwards movement. I believe this is a bug based on a similar post I read on Steam. If it isn’t, is there a way to configure it to read the back movement?

DstryrofsoulzDstryrofsoulz
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

Try setting your throttle to centered mode instead of the default slider option in your TM profiler

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.

artist formally known as BUBBALOU

thecrowthecrow
    Kickstarter Backer

With the latest release, the adjustments that can be made to the throttle now allows it to be utilized for forward and reverse movement, however, even with the dead zone set at max there is no true neutral. Mind you, this is for the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog throttle. I have no idea how it is working with other models.

thecrowthecrow
    Kickstarter Backer

This still appears to be an issue on the final version. Does anyone have a solution to this? Everything maps correctly but I cannot get a neutral position on my throttle. There is no dead zone. The throttle also seems to calibrate backwards with all of the way forward getting a -1.00 and all of the way back a positive 1. It still works correctly as forward/reverse but it’s just not what I expected on the calibration.

6/19/2018
    I knew that I had to be doing something wrong. My throttle is actually 2 throttles that are locked together and when I was calibrating it I was only calibrating one of them. I didn’t notice the ability to scroll through the various controls on the throttle so you can calibrate each one separately. So I’m updating this post in the hopes that if anybody else has this issue they will find this post and know how to fix it.

sfischersfischer
    Overload Team
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 105

For whatever reason, some gamepads/joysticks have -1 as their ‘top’ position. Not sure why, but it still works fine in our game – just feels weird when calibrating it. ‘Rewired’ is our software for handling Joysticks/Gamepads, and it seems to be pretty good generally. Looking at their supported controllers, they do support your HOTAS, so it *should* work fine in-game (we don’t have that one in the office, though we do have a different Thrustmaster that works fine).

Are you running other software to control your HOTAS (like the TM profiler)? It’s possible that they are interfering with the game. Also, did you set the Deadzone for the Slider (each axis has its own independent Deadzone setting)?

thecrowthecrow
    Kickstarter Backer

I figured out my problem. I updated my prior post accordingly but here it is again:

I knew that I had to be doing something wrong. My throttle is actually 2 throttles that are locked together and when I was calibrating it I was only calibrating one of them. I didn’t notice the ability to scroll through the various controls on the throttle so you can calibrate each one separately. So I’m updating this post in the hopes that if anybody else has this issue they will find this post and know how to fix it.

I now have a fully functioning throttle with a good dead zone for idle. It works very well. It was just a bit confusing to figure out. I didn’t have a lot of extra time to play the beta versions otherwise I would have figured it out a while ago. Fortunately I have some time now to play and I’m having a blast doing so. Great game, and great job!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Pick-up radius poll Next Topic: Achievement Idea