The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions Two keyboard shortcut requests

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bampf
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

In general version 0.6 has otherwise been great- really solid and enjoyable for me.

1. Mac version: Command-F toggles between full screen and windowed. A good alternative might be Ctrl-Cmd-F, or Shift-Cmd-F, or nothing (user can use the menus, after all.)

Background: The current mapping is driving me crazy because I accidentally toggle fullscreen during combat. I’m most comfortable in the WASD position but on rare occasions I would accidentally hit Cmd-Q during combat (roll left + strafe down). Catastrophic! So my backup position is SDEF but now I’m hitting the fullscreen toggle when I strafe right and down, which happens a lot.

I suppose I could try to learn JKIL. (sigh) 🙂

2. I couldn’t see a way to turn off the Holo Guide once you’ve turned him on. I suggest making that key a toggle. I find Holo Guide handy when I get stuck but I would like to turn it off when I no longer need it.

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

The Holo-Guide menu has a selection for deactivating Holo-Guide. I tend to agree though, and my reason for agreeing is that this is a hologram; it’s not a real bot. Therefore, it should be possible to just toggle it on and off with a button. I personally don’t like having it be extremely easy to enable but then work to disable.

Prepare for Overload…

bampf
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the tip- I had overlooked that menu item. It makes the toggle-off suggestion less urgent, though it would still be useful.

MoonMoon
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

So, how do I get this menu? I press my designated key and the Holo-Guide pops up and there’s a bar in the left corner of the screen awaiting command. How do I enter those?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

So, how do I get this menu? I press my designated key and the Holo-Guide pops up and there’s a bar in the left corner of the screen awaiting command. How do I enter those?

You can navigate the Holo-Guide menu with8 the Arrows keys on your keyboard. Combine two arrow keys to select diagonally.

Or you can use your mouse or gamepad or joystick to navigate it.

Prepare for Overload…

sfischersfischer
    Overload Team
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 105

For additional clarity, the Holo-Guide selection menu works similarly to the Weapon Selection Menu. Tapping it does the quick behavior (‘summon holo-guide’/’look for the next objective’ for the Holo-Guide, & ‘Next Weapon’ for the weapon selections), while holding the button shows you the menu (and then you navigate with mouse/joystick/arrow buttons – highlight what you want & then release the held button).

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: First playthrough suggestions Next Topic: Rudder pedals manipulate option selectors