The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development Welcome!

RSS Feed

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by CHILLYBUS CHILLYBUS 25 Jul 2017 @ 9:46am.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mike Kulas
    Overload Team
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 186

Thanks for visiting our forums!

We only have one rule: Be nice and stay reasonably on topic.

We will all no doubt read and post frequently, but sometimes we will be very busy and not get to things as quickly as we’d like. Cathy Schneider will be more regularly attentive.

We want to use these forums to make Overload as great as it can be. Sometimes that will involve talking about the old days.

We will continue to read the other public Descent-related forums and groups, but much of our focus will shift here.

Matt & Mike

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Matt Toschlog.
    ViciousFluid
    ViciousFluid
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 60

Thanks for the update, and for all you guys have done thus far!

lrhorgan
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Hello,
    I;m new here and have a question. Just today I installed Steam and the free Overload teaser. As a long-time player of Descent and Descent II, I am accustomed to using certain keyboard keys along with the mouse for rolling, sliding, forward/reverse, etc.. With this teaser, I was not able to program the keyboard. Will the official version have the programmable key feature?

Also, if I buy Overload now, will I be getting a full game (in development, I understand) to play or will I have to wait for it to be released?

I do want to add this: I don’t know what happened to Descent. It was way too good of a game for it to die on the vine like it seems to have. Overload seems to me just like the original Descent, only with enhancements. I’m glad you guys are back with what is, in my opinion, the best shooter game ever made.

Thanks,
    Larry

DarkwingDiva
    DarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 346

Hello,
    Will the official version have the programmable key feature?

You can remap all of the controls in the Playable Teaser and the Full Game. It’s under Options/Control Options/Mouse & Keyboard Options/Remap Mouse-Keyboard. That will let you set any key to rolling, sliding, etc.

Also, if I buy Overload now, will I be getting a full game (in development, I understand) to play or will I have to wait for it to be released?

Yes you will get the full game. However, what you can play now is only what’s been completed. That includes 8 Challenge Mode maps, and 3 single player maps. You will also get a lot more weapons and bots that you won’t see in the Playable Teaser. There will not be any story in the game until release, but there will be more and more content added until release. If you purchase now, you get the current content and all content in the full game when it’s released.

Hope this helps!

lrhorgan
    Participant

Yes it does, thanks. (I didn’t see the remap feature – I’m getting old 🙂

Will there ever be a CD/DVD version or are all games downloaded nowadays? I still have my original Descent CDs but they no longer work on my new WIndows. OK I think that’s the last question. Thanks again

DarkwingDiva
    DarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer

It happens, there were things I didn’t notice right away too 🙂

When Overload was doing their Kickstarter, they offered a CD/DVD version of the game for a certain “tier” or price level. From my understanding (and I’ll let the devs chime in if I’m wrong) that the CD/DVD version was only available during the Kickstarter at that price level and all future copies of the game is download only (whether it be through Steam, DRM free, Playstation, or Xbox).

lrhorgan
    Participant

Thanks. I just remapped the keyboard and can now play with some authority. I’ll need some minor tweeks to slow down my mouse a little, etc., but man, what a great game! I’ve been playing Descent since about early or mid-90’s, I think, and am very glad it’s back (Overload)!

I don’t see a “Save Game” feature in the teaser version. I hope it’s available in the full version game. It sure beats starting over when you’re just learning the ropes and you get destroyed.

Yoshimitsu
    Yoshimitsu
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 421

The physical copy of Overload was a kickstarter reward but you can still order it if you buy the game from backerkit. It is expensive though.

DarkwingDiva
    DarkwingDiva
    Kickstarter Backer

I don’t see a “Save Game” feature in the teaser version. I hope it’s available in the full version game.

They just added the save game feature (as well as a checkpoint system) into the latest update of Early Access so it’ll be in the full game. 🙂

lrhorgan
    Participant

Thanks for all the replies. Now I really need help:

I ordered and payed for the full version of Overload. At a certain step, I clicked the “Remote Installation” button. Nothing has happened and the game has not been installed. After clicking the button, the page disappeared and I can no longer find it. I received emails from PayPal and Overload notifying/thanking for the purchase, but the game isn’t installed.

How can I install it?

Thank you

CHILLYBUS
    CHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

As noted in the other thread, we got this sorted out last night.

techate
    Participant
    Replies: 0

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

It is very helpful and develops a new game project. I am working new method which is applicable for all system. I icloud customer service for a safe storage

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Progress so far Next Topic: Welcome!