The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Development What kind of maps to expect?

RSS Feed
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    DarkhorseDarkhorse
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 127

It’s a challenge, but it’s something I’ve pulled off before and would rather have the option of doing, even if it’s bad value for money for the Overload developers to attempt it themselves.

MAKAsaurusFLEX
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 21

UGH!!!! That’s the one. Thank you. I was trying to grab it off Pooterman but I couldn’t remember it.

MAKAsaurusFLEX
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 21

Oops…I replied to the wrong post. Thanks. Ugh was what I was looking for.

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 67

Random thought/question. I don’t think it will, but will 4 dimension be supported? I’m referring to how 2 cubes can reside in the same location making a 4th dimension.

Luke Schneider
    Overload Team
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 115

Nope, no 4D levels. Since we’re using a more standard physics engine, it would be extra work to support it (possibly a lot of extra work).

Dacien
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 106

I am absolutely okay with an underground mine type theme. The outdoor areas in D3 were cool (Tokyo comes to mind), no question, but that didn’t make the mines of D1 or D2 less cool. It actually creates a more focused environment, and with the OG creators at the helm, I am full of confidence that the levels will be awesome.

homeyduh
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 67

Ok that’s totally fine. It was a nice feature with interesting results. Any other cool mapping features? I noticed teleports, but would something like seamless teleports (like xonotic https://youtu.be/lOrUJsg7DB8) be plausible? I think something like this would work almost perfectly with Overload and unlocks a ton of mapping potential…of course if the coding for it isn’t too crazy lol

ThrakaThraka
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 19

Personally I like the outdoor stuff to be transition based, flying from one point A to B or C and reentering the level, small transitions between areas.

If they could somehow support that I think it would go a long way for creative immersion.

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

With big maps, if they are made right, people will play them but they will always be better with 10+ people. I’ve played D3 Pyroglyphic with 10-12 people and it rocks. You never have to move far to get into action.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Common questions asked during the Kickstarter Next Topic: Avatars?!