The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Community Hijinks and Random Stuff When you want full Descent Nostalgia with Overload

RSS Feed
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ethanwolfcat
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Boy this game brings me back when I first played my first Descent game: Descent II with the Redbook soundtrack.

When playing Overload, an idea came to my mind. What if I can bring back the full “Descent” nostalgia back? What if I can “change” the music so it can play Descent II Soundtrack but without touching any files from Overload whatsoever?

Well, It is coming along. I started a little project that reads when the game plays a specific audio cue. If a specific cue is detect, play the correct music accordingly.

Here is a proof of concept:

Unfortunately, to prevent copyright issues, I do not plan to release the tool to the public. I will have to ask first. Hopefully I will be able to.

Tell me what you think. 🙂

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

As cool as this is, I’ve never played any games with music on. It distracts from hearing my opponents.

DiamondWolf
    Participant
    Replies: 57

You could release the utility without the Descent music and force the user to supply it.

ethanwolfcat
    Participant

You could release the utility without the Descent music and force the user to supply it.

It could be a very good idea. I know how to make it work.

ethanwolfcat
    Participant

I took the liberty of releasing a public test version of the tool.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd9s01is8ofxgbk/Overload%20Cutom%20Music%20Player.zip?dl=0

It is 100mb since it contains the wav files of about 7 track of Descent I and II within the tool itself. This release is only to test if it works with the public.

constructive reviews please…

Screenshot
    Screenshot

DiamondWolf
    Participant
    Replies: 57

What tool/language did you program this in?

ethanwolfcat
    Participant

What tool/language did you program this in?

Visual Basic .Net

I know. Crappy language xD

LotharBot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Replies: 133

Visual Basic .Net

I know. Crappy language xD

The best language is the one that lets you solve your problem.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Limit "combined" CM scores to Revival maps Next Topic: Wishes for features to be added