The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Single Player Campaign Where is the documentation?

RSS Feed
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PyroPyro
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I have been playing the Single Player Campaign since release day (roughly 6 hours in total). I was hoping there would be some documentation somewhere that explains all of the game mechanics in detail. For example – the Hologuide. . . I have figured out how to deploy it, but have NOT figured out how to issue commands to it. Such as “Find a Power-up” or “Find an Auto-OP”. It seems to me (so far) that the only thing that it does by default is guide you to the next objective, which usually seems to be “Find Reactor” (or exit). Surely, there must be a way to at least recall the Hologuide once it has been deployed? No? Is there any other documentation available anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

Hunter
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 69

You can map the hologuide keys in your options. Hold the key down to bring up the menu and use your arrow keys or controller to select an option. I’ve found the options are a little hard to select though.

PyroPyro
    Participant

Thanks Hunter! That makes sense. I will try it out tonight. . .

So that answers my Hologuide question, now what about any OTHER documentation. Does any exist?

CHILLYBUSCHILLYBUS
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 61
    Replies: 173

What kind of information are you looking for? I have tutorial videos on my yt channel that may be of interest if you haven’t done a dive through the options menu yet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZlIBE279c and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMxWfiSU3xA), but if you’re looking for gameplay mechanics and such those fall outside the realm of what I’ve covered. Planning to have two more videos covering trichord settings and weapon upgrades by the end of the week-ish. Plenty of pilots are always available to chat and share knowledge on the Discord server (https://discord.playoverload.com), if you’re looking for more immediate answers.

PyroPyro
    Participant

Thanks for the reply CHILLYBUS! To answer your question, I was looking for information similar to what one would find in the manual from “Games of Yore”. You know, like back in the day when you had to buy physical CD’s or DVD’s. That sort of thing.

visionvision
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 38

Pyro, as a KS backer I received the “Overload Digital Strategy Guide” which is exactly like the manuals you would expect from classic boxed games. I don’t know if this guide is available, but it seems like it should be, or an abridged version. Even still, the guide seems a little incomplete and I think the lack of documentation is a significant oversight (I’ve had my own issues).

This site’s top bar navigation has a link to the official Wiki which has some content, but is also a little light on details. I guess it’s up to us to fill in the blanks!

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Two things that really bug me Next Topic: VR works in teaser yet not in Full game