The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Kickstarter Will we make it?

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 240

Trying to think what the average person can do..

• Share via social media
    • Send a message to a streamer / website
    • Tell people at your work/school
    • Email people from your address book
    • SMS people
    • Upload a youtube

Any other ideas people have had?

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Run around in public screaming, “OMG OVERLOAD OVERLOAD OVERLOAD!!!! OVERLOAD!! AAAAHHHH IT’S THE GREATEST GAME EVER! PLAYOVERLOAD.COM!”

🙂

Oh wait, that might not work so well.

Prepare for Overload…

bemosabemosa
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 240

Lol! ok a couple more..

• Post about it in any forums you visit
    • Post about it on your/others’ blogs
    • Run around in public screaming, “OMG OVERLOAD OVERLOAD OVERLOAD!!!!
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

lol! I didn’t see that last one coming.

Prepare for Overload…

Edward
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 38

I just upped from $25 to $90. I really shouldn’t considering my financial situation but I want this game so fucking much!

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 243

I understand. I went from $120 to $150 and I really shouldn’t as I just spent $2000 on a new system in Jan but I have to have this game!!!!

Dacien
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 106

I’d love to go higher than $200, but that’s already quite a sum for me as well. I was really hoping a big time critic would give a review, because that would be a huge bump, especially considering a sneak peak is available to play right now.

defconxdefconx
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 70

I think it will get into the high $200,000’s by the last day, and then a final push will bring it home. It can be done.

lukeman3000
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 21

Man we just need one or two big names to pick it up for that traction.

I went over to the Star Citizen website, made an account, and posted in their real-time chat about it. I started a brief discussion and maybe a few people saw it, who knows. I apparently can’t post on their forums yet, but I also didn’t see an appropriate, off-topic forum to post in. I figured that many of those guys are probably also fans of flying games in general, and some of those guys are probably high rollers as well. It has been my best idea so far, I think.

EauxcaighEauxcaigh
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 62

I made a comment on scott manley’s YT channel that he should show off the game, I bet that would bring in tons of fans of the genre. To date though he hasn’t mentioned it 🙁

papersailboatpapersailboat
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 70

Just a thought.. if everyone added $40 to their pledge we’d be over the hump. So if it comes down to it, maybe asking pledgers to increase as much as they can to support this game is the way to go.

MaxMax
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 24

Yeah! If you have the means to raise your pledge, do it! If you’ve already done all you can financially, that’s awesome! You’re just as important to Overload and appreciated as those people who have the means to pledge more.

So, don’t sacrifice feeding your family or anything like that, but maybe skip dessert or that fancy bottle of wine or that new “hoverboard” toy? 😉

For me, I’d been planning to spend some cash replacing a small, aging TV. I think it can wait a while longer though, and I’m quite certain that Overload will mean more to me in the years to come than a fancier TV will.

If Overload grabs us (duh, it has already!) like Descent did, we’ll still be playing it in 2036! Think of this as a valuable investment in your entertainment future! 😀

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer

I’d up my pledge but sadly I’m maxed out.

PumoPumo
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

Damn! I want to back the project SO BADLY!
    But I might be only able (with luck) to back it with $5, as I’m full of expenses (partly due to medical reasons). 🙁

At least I will see if I’m able to promote on social networks the campaign during the last days, hope it to reach the goal!

http://pumosoft.3d-get.de – Pumo Software official Website
    – Pumo Mines progress: 60%

CDN_MerlinCDN_Merlin
    Kickstarter Backer

$5 is $5

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Mysteries of the D1 source code Next Topic: Cross Platform Options?