The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums Overload Kickstarter Will we make it?

RSS Feed
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

Damn! I want to back the project SO BADLY!
    But I might be only able (with luck) to back it with $5, as I’m full of expenses (partly due to medical reasons). 🙁

At least I will see if I’m able to promote on social networks the campaign during the last days, hope it to reach the goal!

Yeah, please pledge to add $5 to their funding if you can. They need absolutely all of the help that they can get!

Prepare for Overload…

Entroper
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 9

I think they have a decent shot. They’ve crossed the 60% mark before the 48-hour reminder emails go out.

headsoupheadsoup
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

Hi All,

Big fan of the original Descent games, though a ‘casual’ player. Such a fresh concept at the time and fantastic fun.

In terms of the kickstarter, I saw the early report on the game from Ars Technica and honestly it looked a little ‘not-serious’ in design just judging from the videos. I didn’t back it then as I was signed up for Descent:Underground and Overload seemed more like sub-level zero.

…But then came the playable teaser build and I gave it a go…

Well, straight down nostalgia lane I went; the control/physics, AI, level design all felt instantly familiar and natural and I felt I was back in the Descent world, something D:U honestly hasn’t done. Now this is nostalgia in the best possible way, what’s there of the game at the moment absolutely nails the spirit of Descent.

Anyway, I do worry that others have the same initial impression I had, in which it doesn’t look like ‘serious’ descent, but the experience itself certainly is, the game is immersive (well for me anyway). I’ll post up my playthrough in the links thread and I’m now keenly on-board following progress from here regardless of the kickstarter outcome.

I’ve mentioned the game on a couple of forums etc, good luck on the final push!

Cheers,

TwoCablesTwoCables
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 118
    Replies: 1474

My first impression was that this was AAA-quality, that these guys were very serious about making the best spiritual successor to the original Descent that they possibly can no matter what it takes.

After playing the Teaser, I can see that I was more than right about that. I absolutely cannot get enough of it!!! I am trying to go overload on Overload, but it’s just not happening because this game is just extremely awesome!

Prepare for Overload…

DarkhorseDarkhorse
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 127

Looks to me like they might get close to 70% by then. $8000 already today after just over 8 hours.

papersailboatpapersailboat
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 70

At this point in time it’s going to take $2300 per hour for them to make the goal.. and that’s including the hours of the night where most people will be sleeping and not pledging.. it’s not looking good

Dacien
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 106

Or a few big-ticket donors who may have been quiet but really want the project to succeed.

papersailboatpapersailboat
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 70

I don’t know why they haven’t acted yet.. but let’s hope!

lukeman3000
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 21

If I had a ton of disposable income I’d throw a lot of money at it, no doubt.

krayzkrokkrayzkrok
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 185

It’s getting faster all the time, it can still make it with a great deal of effort (believe!), which is what the 24 hour livestream is for of course. Bear in mind that a lot of people have the “remind me” button ticked, which means they’ll have email reminders sitting in their inboxes right now.

I’ve seen bigger comebacks, don’t lose hope!

ShadesmasterShadesmaster
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 43

Facebook AD, ppl!!!

SeaWyrm
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 21

Maybe they want to see how close it can get without their help, so they don’t wind up throwing more money at it than necessary.
    D:U saw a lot of huge last-minute pledges – and then after it hit the goal, a few people retracted their big pledges when the margin above the goal got high enough for them to do that.

headsoupheadsoup
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

I think people just like a dramatic finish :p

I.e. “I’m not pledging till the last minute to make the devs sweat”…

PumoPumo
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

Yeah, please pledge to add $5 to their funding if you can. They need absolutely all of the help that they can get!

Been there, done it!

I just backed the project with my $5. Something is something, isn’t it? 🙂

I really wish the Overload campaign to succeed!

http://pumosoft.3d-get.de – Pumo Software official Website
    – Pumo Mines progress: 60%

SiriusSirius
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 406

Wish I had science on that, too. Does waiting disincentivize smaller fish from backing (and thus risk missing the goal entirely, or at least making it even harder to reach), or does it not?

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Mysteries of the D1 source code Next Topic: Cross Platform Options?