The discussion has moved over to Discord

Home Forums The Archive Overload Early Release Version Bug Reports and Questions x52 pro HOTAS throttle mapping

RSS Feed
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    theroot
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello,

Not sure if this is by design or not… But I cannot map the the Throttle Back (-) axis to reverse or anything. Pulling the throttle stick back on the mapping screen never registers as anything. Forward throttle gets mapped as (+) and works as expected. I’m running Linux. All other games I’ve played with this setup works no problem, including Descent Underground. If there’s any suggestions of things I can try – let me know!

Thanks!

urungusurungus
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 28

I tried assigning zones to mine, with no success. Best bet is if they come up with a Reverse toggle. This way you could still use the full range of motion of the throttle.

NeptuneNeptune
    Kickstarter Backer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I also play HOTAS and since the first teaser/demo I can’t assign the mini joystick on the CH PRO Throttle to slide up or right. Only the slide down/left is recognized using the CH’s mini joystick Stick X-, Stick Y+ axis. The setup neither recognizes Stick X+ nor Stick Y- for the opposite directions.

canard-coincoin
    Participant
    Replies: 4

Hi All,

same issue for me with extreme 3d pro logitech.
    Only have forward movements.
    This is a blocking issue, just bought the game but can’t play at all without reverse …
    I guess the joystick axis settings screen would be the one to help, but it is marked “todo”.

canard-coincoin
    Participant

New release but no progress on joystick support.
    Too bad for a game where pilot skills are key.
    For me, it is just impossible to play the game, unless moving to keyboard/mouse which would make me a beginner while I’m playing descent since very long time and would seriously reduce pleasure as, for me, joystick gives you the best pilot feelings.
    Is it possible to have at least feed-back on when this issue will be solved ?

Matt Toschlog
    Overload Team
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 88

canard-coincoin & everyone,

I’m sorry that we haven’t gotten this working yet, but I hope you’ll be pleased that it’s scheduled for the next Early Access delivery. I’ll be adding code to do per-axis centering, dead zone, and min/max.

Thanks for your support,

– Matt

canard-coincoin
    Participant

Cool.
    Let’s hope it can fix the throttle issue. Not so sure as, in the control settings, there is just no “throttle -” detected, just the “throttle +”.
    Maybe the centering will help ?

I also noticed the roll left/right is too sensitive. Maybe dead zone will help.

When is scheduled the next build ?

DstryrofsoulzDstryrofsoulz
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

I Have no issues with any of my CH Products. I have also used the CH Throttle in conjunction with M$3DPro and Logitech 3D Pro. NO issues with any of them or combination there of!!!

Make sure you have all your axis set with centered axis option, this will ensure 0-127 & 128-255. Otherwise some software will default the throttle to slider mode, which is a one direction axis function from 0-255

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.

artist formally known as BUBBALOU

canard-coincoin
    Participant

Where do you find the option for axis setup of a Logitech 3D pro ?

Thanks

VaussBait^BoTS^VaussBait^BoTS^
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Just wanted to add my voice to this problem. I have a CH setup – Pro Throttle and Combatstick. It seems to be an issue with the throttle alone.

If I use the Combatstick’s Z-axis wheel to set the control, I get “MOVE FORE – J1: Axis 2-” and “MOVE BACK – J1: Axis 2+” as expected when I move the wheel forward and backward on each respective control.

However, if I try to use the throttle, I only get “MOVE FORE – J2: Axis 2-” and the UI does not register anything when I pull the throttle back.

I installed the CH Control Manager to set the “center” axis as suggested by Dstryrofsoulz but no joy. I don’t think the virtual devices are recognized at all.

Next Unread Topic:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

Previous Topic: Finer Control over Weapon Selection Next Topic: Traps and grit